Home

Madden 2006 Info

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Info within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #17
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 2006 Info

oh sweet, so Im a college football player with a 60" widescreen TV and a leather couch in my DORM ROOM, because I also work as an accountant in my spare time between classes and practice... lucky thing our boosters hooked me up with this job to buy new stuff
Old 04-11-2005, 05:37 AM   #18
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Barely hgad time to pass in last year's game, where will I find time to actually turn my QB's head? I really hope the blocking ai is greatly improved, if not this feature is a waste...
Old 04-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #19
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

It has potential - it would be cool being Manning or someone and throwing to a receiver you're not actually looking at - like his vision cone is so large he can be looking to the left side, and all of a sudden quickly look to the right and fire one off...although whether or not that technique would work in Madden is another thing.

What they need to do is adopt a vision cone for every player on the field, it should go hand in hand with awareness. You'll notice in 2005 every defender knows exactly when the ball leaves the QB's hand and who it is going to....even a split second difference in this awareness can make a huge difference.

I had a feeling they'd tout the passing game. It's the last thing that needs tweaking in Madden, and yet naturally, it's the one "buzz word" from last season - typical, I guess. Lets just hope this doesn't take over any enhancements to the running game. I was really hoping to see Curtis Martin on the cover with an all new juking system

Last edited by Nza; 04-11-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

The vision thing sounds cool, but the problem I have with these games is that they always are adding something new and usually it works okay but there are bugs with it the first year they try it. I wish they would keep the game the same and perfect the game more than adding new features that are bound not to work perfectly.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

What they are going for is trying to fix the 20 yard drop back, and the qb throwing while facing the wrong direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #22
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

If this is true, how will they expect players that use scrambling QBs to run? I don't use Vick myself, only da Packers, but that is a big question. Also, what will happen to the pump fake? You would think the pump fake would double in importance with the inclusion of this feature. You know, look to the right and pump fake to send the Strong Safety back pedaling after a streaking wide receiver so you can hit your tight end on a post route.

Also, they would need to greatly improve pass blocking, imo, for this to work. It's hard enough to get a pass off now when cheesers combine BnR and nano's, but having to look in the correct direction to hit the open receiver is going to take some serious stick skillz.

As for a "Dorm Room" feature, I say "wtf"... why? Do these companies (Sega/EA/T2) really think people buy all this extra crap and then leave their consoles on so random people coming over can check out their crib? Do people actually spend time just looking at crappy bobble head dolls or posters instead of playing the damn game? How about they use those resources for improving gameplay instead of drawing attention AWAY from the gameplay. How people actually played air hockey or shuffle board more than once in ESPN? I didn't. I played 'em, said to myself, "whoa, glad I got a PS2 so I can play air hockey," and went back to the damn game.
Blackhawks
Braves
Old 04-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #23
Rookie

I think this guy is full of it. These are features that I don't think EA would ever come up with. But we'll see when somebody gets GI.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4

Uh

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=122281

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »