Home

Madden 2006 Info

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Info within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #41
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 2006 Info

All I know is using the Browns is really going to suck with that vision cone. I bet Dilfer's and whoever else they have at QB will be one of the smallest in the league and I will end up not being able to see any receiver on the sideline.

This is an interesting idea, but I want to see how it works first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #42
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

what are the franchise features thats all i care about bascully and can i buy this gane informer in the store if so which store thanks

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
what are the franchise features thats all i care about bascully and can i buy this gane informer in the store if so which store thanks

try EBgames. I know they sell them. Dont know if they have the May issue yet though. Most of the time subscribers get theirs before the newstands does.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:52 AM   #44
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

The franchise stuff wasn't covered, sorry. The article was mostly about the new Vision Passing.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #45
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
The Vision Passing thing does look kinda interesting. You can either use the right analog or L/R triggers to scan the field. There's a vision cone that is sized based upon your awareness rating. Here's what is kinda neat: the passing icons outside of your cone are grayed out. You have to get them in the cone to have them available to throw to. Also there is an accuracy factor based on how close the receiver is to the center of the cone. It says that the cone size becomes more narrow as you drop back. No more 20 yard drops and bombs. Yeah! the cone grows as your rating grows.
I think this is a great idea. Its vision that separates the QBs in the NFL but in video games everybody can see the entire field no matter how brutal their QBs are. It will make getting a good QB in franchise much more important than simply using strength and accuracy while ignoring awareness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #46
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
All I know is using the Browns is really going to suck with that vision cone. I bet Dilfer's and whoever else they have at QB will be one of the smallest in the league and I will end up not being able to see any receiver on the sideline.

This is an interesting idea, but I want to see how it works first.
Dude, try Henson, THEN complain to me... I'll probably trade Henson FOR Dilfer.. HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

I can't even fake it, that idea sounds very, very good. Vision passing has the potential to bring to the series something it has never had before, a true representation of football strategy and fundamentals.

Vision passing will be a double edged sword for the defense. You can look and see where the QB is looking. However, the QB can also fake you out. Wow! EA might bring the beat-down this year. If the game's presentation is on point and it adheres to fundamentals, all I can say is they are for real.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:51 PM   #48
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I can't even fake it, that idea sounds very, very good. Vision passing has the potential to bring to the series something it has never had before, a true representation of football strategy and fundamentals.

Vision passing will be a double edged sword for the defense. You can look and see where the QB is looking. However, the QB can also fake you out. Wow! EA might bring the beat-down this year. If the game's presentation is on point and it adheres to fundamentals, all I can say is they are for real.
The question will be if EA will/has fully tested the functionality and/or exploitability of the feature. When it comes to gameplay elements I don't think that EA usually intends for a feature to be "gimmicky". Its just that they don't seem to anticipate the determination of most Madden players when it comes to finding ways to abuse the limitations of the A.I., animations, and collision detection engine. The weaknesses in these three elements of the game tends to undermine all the other aspects of the gameplay.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »