Home

Madden Preview at IGN is up

This is a discussion on Madden Preview at IGN is up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2005, 11:32 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden Preview at IGN is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You mean other than the fact, they have never changed the attribute system, and EA is not known for making changes like that in a timely fashion.

I doubt we see a change in attribute system till the next gen consoles, if we ever do that is.
Oh I agree it's unlikely it will have been changed but it's just pretty sad that instead of giving EA any credit for a good idea that people seize on the one nugget that could possibly equate to bad news and ignore the new idea altogether. But then I guess that's expected of people since EA is the anti-Christ and all, lol. Remember when it was fashionable to hate on Microsoft?
Old 04-14-2005, 12:04 AM   #74
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Oh I agree it's unlikely it will have been changed but it's just pretty sad that instead of giving EA any credit for a good idea that people seize on the one nugget that could possibly equate to bad news and ignore the new idea altogether. But then I guess that's expected of people since EA is the anti-Christ and all, lol. Remember when it was fashionable to hate on Microsoft?
People have given ea credit but you have to think realistically. Ea is great for coming up with ideas but they never follow through with them.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-14-2005, 12:31 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
People have given ea credit but you have to think realistically. Ea is great for coming up with ideas but they never follow through with them.
So you believe the vision passing won't actually make it into the game? I know that's not what you mean but all I'm saying is that the guy didn't even criticize the idea which could vastly improve the game, he instead chose to look for another aspect of the idea to find fault with something he believes could end up as not being improved to his liking. Talk about being overly negative, jeesh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 12:35 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I don't see what the problem is here. If you've ever played FEVER 2004 with lead n read passing you will understand the passing mode. The difference is that in madden it looks and sounds much more user friendly. And if you've played FEVER 2004 read n lead definately changes the way you play quarterback in football games. It will be a good feature. Although I'm a bit afraid of the Pats and Colts users that will come out of the woodwork all of a sudden.

Actually I hope the defensive stuff is easier to use this year too. It could shape up to be a great game. The first feature mentioned today looks to be really intriugining. But they gotta do running game and animations, gotta do it. While they noticed that the majority of madden users like to pass, some of us want a balanced offense. And frankly what you do on offense should be based on personnel. So in a way, I'm happy with this pass feature because bad QB's will most likely be bad since their field awareness is not great. But in that vein that running game has to be opened up so the people with bad QB's will have something to turn to to help them mix up a game plan.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:36 AM   #77
All Star

OVR: 21

I think the cone passing is a good idea, but not nearly so good that it deserved the weeks of hype EA's foot soldiers were giving [the news that released today]. I think it would've had more impact had they just released the info without hyping it. Hype like that just builds false expectations.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:58 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think the cone passing is a good idea, but not nearly so good that it deserved the weeks of hype EA's foot soldiers were giving [the news that released today]. I think it would've had more impact had they just released the info without hyping it. Hype like that just builds false expectations.
Well for one, as LBzrule said, if you played NFL Fever then this is a HUUGGE feature that will certainly change the way the passing game works. People who are denigrating it probably have not played NFL Fever and saw how much that game played differently when using the lead and read.

And for two, the hype is mostly self generated here among websites such as this. EA themselves just promised new info, the hype machine fueled itself. There is no reason to dog on EA for alot of hype just because people are hungry for any new info on the football games!
Old 04-14-2005, 01:17 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 12

Hmm, even if they say it's optional, they're probably talking about for offline games only.

Last year in NCAA 2005, Home Field Advantage and Matchup Stick (poise meter and players getting rattled) were optional but online games had these things on.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:21 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yep..

If the Vision goes as planned & implemented well it will be a great thing.. But innovative?? NO.. Fever had the read N Lead (Or lead n read) in 04 & 2k5 had the Maximum passing. EA's try at this might be the best.. We won't know till August. But if history repeats itself, it will have first yr problems, cause EA's loves to rush out a new feature to market & hype it up.. Remember the Haymaker in FN05. Fresstyle in 03. In their infancy, these 'innovations' aren't tweaked enough or done right. They are half arsed. Then when EA gets the negative feedback from gamers they correct them. Freestyle was too easy in 03. Fixed in 04. Hop step was too easy in 04. Fixed in 05. Be weary of all first yr features that EA markets as their number 1 selling point. Get used to hearing this innovative vision feature for the next 4 plus month. In every interview, EA will filibuster half the session with their vision talking points.

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »