Home

Madden Preview at IGN is up

This is a discussion on Madden Preview at IGN is up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2005, 10:29 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden Preview at IGN is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac2k3
They do seem to have an approach that's based on "eye-catching" new features rather than fixing problems with the game.
This isn't some eye catching feature, if it's implemented right it will completely change how the passing game works and really fix one of the major complaints about Madden for years, that is that a scrub can come in and play as well as Peyton Manning or someone. It also adds alot of realism on defense because you'll be able to read the Qb's eyes to make plays on the ball. It is eye catching yes, but that isn't all it is..if it's fluff you're implying by that statement you're wrong.

Quote:
I'm probably in the minority here on this one, but I hate the Hit Stick
The hit stick was overhyped I agree..but I do like to use it, too bad I kinda suck at ever connecting on my hits though.

Quote:
I don't play any of those crappy mini-camp games
Those mini-games may seem Mario'ish or whatever but if you actually gave them a chance not only are they quite entertaining but they will actually help you improve your game in many areas, I know they have for me.

Quote:
, and I'd rather have happy face stickers placed on my forehead than to win a Madden card.
Agreed, Madden cards are lame.

Quote:
Madden is not evolving into more of a sim. It's actually going in the other direction.
On what basis? Adding things like field vision do not make the game more arcade-like.

Quote:
And for the record, I may sound a little whiny on this one, but for crying out loud, who isn't tired of looking at the same player models for five years.
Agreed, but this will be the last Madden on this engine anyways so not much that can be said to address this other than wait till end of year for the next gen Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2005, 10:54 PM   #66
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

NFL 2K3 looks better than that. No way I'd buy that for even $20. They keep putting in BS like the field of vision when they need to overhaul that terrible, terrible rating system which is the real damn problem.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:57 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
NFL 2K3 looks better than that. No way I'd buy that for even $20. They keep putting in BS like the field of vision when they need to overhaul that terrible, terrible rating system which is the real damn problem.
Great for you then, go play NFL2K3! It's humourous though how you say the field of vision is BS when you've not even tried it yet. Or maybe it was because Sega didn't think of it first. LOL, I don't hear many people dogging on the NCAA crib mode which EA pretty blatantly ripped from ESPN..
Old 04-13-2005, 11:02 PM   #68
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Great for you then, go play NFL2K3! It's humourous though how you say the field of vision is BS when you've not even tried it yet. Or maybe it was because Sega didn't think of it first. LOL, I don't hear many people dogging on the NCAA crib mode which EA pretty blatantly ripped from ESPN..
I didn't really care either way about it until I heard the word "awareness"...which implies they aren't changing the rating system which means getting players edited properly will not be possible once again.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:09 PM   #69
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Maybe it's because ea has shown that they can put these great sounding features in but they just end up being gimmicks. But hey, maybe that's not the reason.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-13-2005, 11:14 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
I didn't really care either way about it until I heard the word "awareness"...which implies they aren't changing the rating system which means getting players edited properly will not be possible once again.
You can't deduce from the simple fact that Awareness is still an attribute they haven't changed other attributes or changed the attribute system in other areas. I think you're leaping to a predetermined conclusion without intelligently analyzing the small amount of data we all have so far.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:20 PM   #71
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Glad to see head tracking 2 years too late... its kind of anti climatic news wise. All I know I hope the running game gets some work done to it. I will give madden a chance especially since there is no other choice.

Last edited by bigtiggalsu; 04-13-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2005, 11:27 PM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
You can't deduce from the simple fact that Awareness is still an attribute they haven't changed other attributes or changed the attribute system in other areas. I think you're leaping to a predetermined conclusion without intelligently analyzing the small amount of data we all have so far.
You mean other than the fact, they have never changed the attribute system, and EA is not known for making changes like that in a timely fashion.

I doubt we see a change in attribute system till the next gen consoles, if we ever do that is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »