Home

The Real Madden 2006??

This is a discussion on The Real Madden 2006?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #25
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Real Madden 2006??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank103
This is the reason why EA can do this because of the general low expectations of madden fans.
This statement sums it ALL up very neatly. Low expectations... we don't EXPECT Madden to change much, so why get upset about it?
Yep... that about sums it up.
Bubba4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
How so? The most common complaint about the Madden series from the anti-EA crowd is that each version is a mere roster update, that they never change the fundamental nature of the game. Based on what we've seen so far, I don't think any reasonable person can make that claim about Madden 06.
I am a Madden fan but the problem that I have with series that they don’t fix the underlying problem with the games. Vision piece could really be innovative but what was needed was to work on the oline. The need for 3, 5, and 7 step drops for passing plays so your tackles would set in a certain area and form a pocket. The other solution is what VC did in their game, they added a wind up animation for long throws and deep drop backs.

The problem with most football games is with their oline play. I hope they can make the play lil more realistic.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:41 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
I wouldn't say I'm upset. But I'll admit that the thought of an entire summer of scorned VC fans posting about how crappy Madden is going to be does make me shudder...

But you're right about this not being a forum exclusively for positive posts. I apologize.

I did not say Madden is crap or is going to be crap. I do think because of this deal they made, they are going to have to offer more because they have basicly taken our choice away.

If EA wants to be the Big fish in the pond, then they indeed better be the big fish and make a product that appeals not only to their core fans but also to the ones who have lost out because of their actions.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
How so? The most common complaint about the Madden series from the anti-EA crowd is that each version is a mere roster update, that they never change the fundamental nature of the game. Based on what we've seen so far, I don't think any reasonable person can make that claim about Madden 06.

You see this is exactly what I mean about low expectations, EA takes and changes the camera angle for passing, highlite what that QB can see down field based on his QB awareness slaps a catchy name to it (vision passing)
and its already being called ground breaking material (laughable). What would impress me is that this is maddens last year on these consoles, build the damn game on the power of the xbox and show us the talent potential that you have to take us into the next five years.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
You see this is exactly what I mean about low expectations, EA takes and changes the camera angle for passing, highlite what that QB can see down field based on his QB awareness slaps a catchy name to it (vision passing)
and its already being called ground breaking material (laughable). What would impress me is that this is maddens last year on these consoles, build the damn game on the power of the xbox and show us the talent potential that you have to take us into the next five years.

Hope they do build it to the power of the XBOX.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:57 AM   #30
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Wtf are you talking about? Did you even read any of the descriptions of how vision passing will work? Or are you so blinded by loyalty to VC that you can't allow yourself to use "EA" and "innovative" in the same sentence?

For the first time in Madden history, a human controlled qb's awareness rating will actually matter. Crappy qb's will play like crappy qb's. That's a major change.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #31
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

i didnt think the graphics was ging to change why would they make a huge overhaul on the graphics for one year and do it agian the next year thats a waste of money and no games does that including 2k series.

That being said i just hope they improve on the gameplay. that what i thought the problem was last year the gameplay and if i'm not mistaken that was the majority gripe on the the game the gameplay and we cant judge that until we play the game.

If the gameplay improve and the cheeser cheats improve this could be a strong game IMO

But dont matter what happen or what ea did most 2k fans wasnt going to be happy they just wanted madden to be 2k and its not even if madden changed it graphics people would have said the gameplay still sucks if the the gameplay improve drasticly they will say the graphics suck. EA was in a no win situation with this years game

So lastly if the gameplay has improved i will be happy with the game but next year new console i will be expecting some new and better graphics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #32
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

By now all simulation football games will be pretty good when it comes to gameplay. There will be glitches in both and some will prefer one over the other. The game is only as realistic as you PLAY it. If you abuse the glitches in the game, after awhile it will become less enjoyable. If you coach straight up, then you can enjoy the games for a very long time IMO.

I enjoy both Madden and ESPN, but ESPN's presentation kept me more interested in the game. My problem, as well as many others it seems, is that Madden looks the same today, as it did when it debuted on the PS2.

Is this what we are going to have to deal with in the future, the same graphics throughout a system's lifecycle? The next-gen Madden will look great in the first year, but are we going to have to wait another 5 years before they make graphical changes (if needed of course, and it is needed IMO)?

I do like the sound of this new vision feature though. Now I hope they address the pin ball running game as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »