Home

Day 3 screenshot, best one yet

This is a discussion on Day 3 screenshot, best one yet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2005, 11:49 PM   #9
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Day 3 screenshot, best one yet

EA themselves are calling them visual targets. It's what they're hoping to achieve or think they will achieve. I can see polygons and normal mapping in the three screenshots. I think the pics are pre-rendered using in-game models and textures. People will be extremely suprised, because it will most likely look very similar to this, just with less AA. People said similar things about the first screenshots of Madden 2001 for the PS2, then they were floored when they saw the game in motion.

Last edited by Flawless; 04-20-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:51 PM   #10
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Does anyone else see a bit of NFL Fever there?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:51 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

B-E-A-UTIFUL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2005, 11:55 PM   #12
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
EA themselves are calling them visual targets. It's what they're hoping to achieve or think they will achieve. I can see polygons and normal mapping in the three screenshots. I think the pics are pre-rendered using in-game models and textures. People will be extremely suprised, because it will most likely look like this, just with less AA. People said similar things about the first screenshots of Madden 2001 for the PS2, then they were floored when they saw the game in motion.
Seems like only a handful of us understand this flawless
Old 04-19-2005, 11:57 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Yeah, I remember back when they first showed the Ps2 Madden screens and everyone thought they couldn't be real.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:07 AM   #14
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

If this is in-game or very close to the quality of in-game graphics then i'll be VERY tempted to buy Xbox 360. That's just a BEEEE-UTIFUL shot.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-20-2005, 12:09 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

doesnt mcnabb have tattoos?

THIS IS UNCALLED FOR!!!!!!! EA SUCKS

/end espn fan rant.

The game looks good. Id love to see some day shots and how they portray the sun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

What's amazing to me is that people seem to think that these are just rendered screens and not gameplay. LOL, why would EA be setting the table so that is what people expect only to give them much more "normal" graphics? That makes no sense.

Say whatever you guys like about EA, especially you haters, but they have never been known to release pictures that aim to deceive on a ridiculious level like this. Take a look at Madden 2006 pics, people are saying they look too much like 2005. If they were using renders or just trying to jack up sales wouldn't they be releasing rendered pics in the same manner or at least "touching up" the pics significantly to make them look worlds better than 2005?

I guess it's just cynicism in general because of the company involved but as others have said, just take a look at the leap from PSX to PS2, the jump was huge, why wouldn't this jump be the same? And for those of you who are bringing up PCs don't look this good, well no kidding, apples and oranges! Consoles are a common ground to develop upon and there is no O/S to run in the background. Plus, even if EA wanted to create Madden for the maximum on the PC they would sell all of about 153 copies considering that very few people ever have cutting edge PC gaming technology all at the same time. On a console everyone has the same system so it's easy to push it to the max and the "common denominator" doesn't have to be mid-range, it's top-end. I mean jeesh, hasn't this all been explained about 83,000 times on here???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »