Home

Idle Speculation: an actual broadcast view?

This is a discussion on Idle Speculation: an actual broadcast view? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2005, 03:01 PM   #1
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Idle Speculation: an actual broadcast view?

I don't know if these are cutscenes or actual in-game shots for the next gen Madden but I'm kinda hoping that the players look somewhat close to what the screens are portraying.

If the players look anything like those screens i'm holding out hope for an actual honest to goodness default broadcast view where it'll be like watching an actual game. It might be a bit much to ask for but i'll keep the faith alive.

What do you guys think?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Idle Speculation: an actual broadcast view?

I imagine that just like the screens from PS2 and XBOX, the Next Gen screens are scenes that you would never see during gameplay, except perhaps rarely on a replay or something. I'm surprised that so many people actually seem to think that the gameplay would be what's being show, since several years of screenshots tell us otherwise.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin16
I'm surprised that so many people actually seem to think that the gameplay would be what's being show, since several years of screenshots tell us otherwise.
I dont understand....Why are you surprised that people think its in game?...

Isnt this suppose to be Next Generation gaming?....So I guess you are expecting the graphics to look a LITTTTTTTTTTTLE better than PS2 right?

Why shouldnt this leap be like the leap from PSX graphics to PS2 graphics?

Why shouldnt we believe this if this is the furture of gaming?
Old 04-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

They're visual target screens. It's an in-game graphics target EA set for themselves. I find it funny that some actually think it isn't possible. Nothing that can't be done on current high end PC hardware. Samethings were said back in 2001. E3 can't come soon enough.

An artsist who is on the Madden next-gen team posts on GAF, he said, "I think the final product will look even better."

Anyways an actual broadcast view would be pretty sweet.

Last edited by Flawless; 04-21-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Because:

(a) None of the screens are taken from an angle that would make any sense to play from, and more importantly,

(b) Maybe 1% of all screens released by EA are actual gameplay screens. And by that I mean screens that are taken while a play is in-action. Just look at the history of screenshots over the last 4-5 years. Why would you expect anything different this time?

It's marketing dude. They want to put their best foot forward, so they're going to release the screens that make the game look as life-like as possible. The Madden Cam doesn't really qualify.

Just to be clear, the original poster contrasted "in-game" with "cutscene", so by "in-game" I assume he means a shot that was taken while play was in-action. 90% of the cutscenes during a game are just souped up replay shots anyway. I'm sure the screens are from the game itself and aren't just fabricated. That seems pretty obvious. The more interesting question is during what part of the game where they taken, and it's obvious that it's not during what I would call "gameplay".

Last edited by spin16; 04-21-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »