Home

OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

This is a discussion on OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #25
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

Personally the matter is messed up and we should have the right to choose. I haven't liked a Madden Game since 96 because they refuse to update the game in any since. Madden remains just plain old Madden no changes. At least every year VC got better and changed the game every year. Not just graphically but playability and presentation. Giving us a more realistic feeling and experience. If EA wants to buy away the competition for a 700million dollar contract over 5 years let them. Like someone stated they could have used that money to higher better programmers to make the game better. Even in the NEXT GEN trailer it still had them same faces, beefier graphics same body models short fat guys. I mean NEXT GEN MADDEN if the $700 Million was placed on programmers would probably look like live television. But no it doesn't and the same crap pipe azz programmers they have are still making the game. I won't be buying Madden until they change up and wise up. Break the contract let us have our freedom of choice. My choice was 2k every year. I tried Madden 04 and 05 both identical with 2 extra menu options...thats a laugh. When ESPN 2k4 and ESPN 2k5 were totally different games in every since. Sad when a smaller company spends more time into making a NFL game seem like a real NFL game...Than a larger giant like EA.

They are EA and they know you will just buy it. Because the name is Larger since the 16 bit era. Tired of people saying protest and all that. It won't change anything. Unless 80 or even 70% of the world just wises up and doesn't purchase Madden for the next 2 years. Then they really won't hear your public cry. And I'm sure that won't happen. Not a big fan of EA but I do buy the College Football every year. At least this year can see the difference between NCAA 2005 and NCAA 2006 even the player models are taller slimmer and look more realistic.

Madden just sucks and always will, unless they go a different route. Its true, VC would have crushed EA in every since with the direction they were going, even on the NEXT GEN systems. They would have been competition like no other. EA knew that, swallowed their pride and coughed up major money.

-CASED CLOSED EA WON, THE WORLD TRULY LOST! ESPECIALY WHEN A SMALLER COMPANY GAVE US A BETTER AND DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE OF THE NFL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Touchy, aren't we?

Surely you'll concede the possibilty that maybe the "other" forum might have been a more appropriate place for this?
Not touchy. Just don't owe an explanation to anyone on such matters.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:55 PM   #27
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
It will only be one NFL game and many pro games. Hoping for mutant league football.
Amen to that, I used to LOVE Mutant League. An upgraded version would rock.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:55 PM   #28
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Not touchy. Just don't owe an explanation to anyone on such matters.
Ohhh-kay.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:56 PM   #29
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Personally the matter is messed up and we should have the right to choose. I haven't liked a Madden Game since 96 because they refuse to update the game in any since. Madden remains just plain old Madden no changes. At least every year VC got better and changed the game every year. Not just graphically but playability and presentation. Giving us a more realistic feeling and experience. If EA wants to buy away the competition for a 700million dollar contract over 5 years let them. Like someone stated they could have used that money to higher better programmers to make the game better. Even in the NEXT GEN trailer it still had them same faces, beefier graphics same body models short fat guys. I mean NEXT GEN MADDEN if the $700 Million was placed on programmers would probably look like live television. But no it doesn't and the same crap pipe azz programmers they have are still making the game. I won't be buying Madden until they change up and wise up. Break the contract let us have our freedom of choice. My choice was 2k every year. I tried Madden 04 and 05 both identical with 2 extra menu options...thats a laugh. When ESPN 2k4 and ESPN 2k5 were totally different games in every since. Sad when a smaller company spends more time into making a NFL game seem like a real NFL game...Than a larger giant like EA.

They are EA and they know you will just buy it. Because the name is Larger since the 16 bit era. Tired of people saying protest and all that. It won't change anything. Unless 80 or even 70% of the world just wises up and doesn't purchase Madden for the next 2 years. Then they really won't hear your public cry. And I'm sure that won't happen. Not a big fan of EA but I do buy the College Football every year. At least this year can see the difference between NCAA 2005 and NCAA 2006 even the player models are taller slimmer and look more realistic.

Madden just sucks and always will, unless they go a different route. Its true, VC would have crushed EA in every since with the direction they were going, even on the NEXT GEN systems. They would have been competition like no other. EA knew that, swallowed their pride and coughed up major money.

-CASED CLOSED EA WON, THE WORLD TRULY LOST! ESPECIALY WHEN A SMALLER COMPANY GAVE US A BETTER AND DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE OF THE NFL!
1. First of all, do you really believe madden hasn't changed since '96?? Come on. I could buy it's basically the same game since 2001, but '96? Back to Earth please.

2. Don't you think the "The World Truly Lost" is a little over dramatic. We are talking about football video games, not the cure for cancer.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:58 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Well I don't want to get in this seesaw debate either, I loved both games, but I always played Madden more, so I can say that I like Madden more and I support EA always, oh well, I don't know what to say I like EA. Anyway just think about it like this guys, be happy EA bought the rights, you get to save some money.....lol.
Well, you really don't save money, actually you lose money. VC/TT was 19.99, madden will probably be 49.99, you lose $30.00 in that deal. Plus the fact that you arguably are buying an inferior product. So, if I were to buy madden 2006 I would lose $30.00 plus a little self respect by buying a garbage game they are probably not going to do much to improve. Wow, ea does have some of us by the onions. (This is not aimed at you FF you know we are homeboys you being from Blonkahs and all that)
Old 04-26-2005, 03:00 PM   #31
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

When I saw the thread title I thought how did an abortion topic get in the Madden forum. I think some people take these "games" way to seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #32
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Awaiting a mod who can explain to us why this thread belongs in the Madden forum in the first place...
I'll probably explain this daily for the next 5 years ....

This is not the "We Love Madden and EA Forum!". It's to discuss EA and Madden. Good and bad.

This thread is (yet another) discussion of the deal that EA made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »