Home

madden offical feature list

This is a discussion on madden offical feature list within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2005, 11:18 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: madden offical feature list

[quote=jmood88]Oh ok, I thought that was what it was but he made it sound new. I really want to know what these spawn games are though.[/QUOT

TO spawn a game means thet you can play your franchise game somewhere else. and still merge the stats into your franchise. For example, you can play the week 5 game in my franchise, and those stats will be part of my season. So in other words, you can have like four people in a franchise, play the games at the same time on different. and when the games are finished , spawn the stats together and they will be on the same franchise. I am pretty sure that is what they mean.
I'm not saying that madden perfect at all. But neither is (was) ESPN. I swear it's like the Hattfields and McCoys. Let's just hope that EA does what MOST people want. Take the best qualities of both games. I always felt that the ultimate F Ball game would look like ESPN, have animations like EPSN, but feel like Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #42
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

[quote=Nutzzz414]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Oh ok, I thought that was what it was but he made it sound new. I really want to know what these spawn games are though.[/QUOT

TO spawn a game means thet you can play your franchise game somewhere else. and still merge the stats into your franchise. For example, you can play the week 5 game in my franchise, and those stats will be part of my season. So in other words, you can have like four people in a franchise, play the games at the same time on different. and when the games are finished , spawn the stats together and they will be on the same franchise. I am pretty sure that is what they mean.
I'm not saying that madden perfect at all. But neither is (was) ESPN. I swear it's like the Hattfields and McCoys. Let's just hope that EA does what MOST people want. Take the best qualities of both games. I always felt that the ultimate F Ball game would look like ESPN, have animations like EPSN, but feel like Madden.
Thanks for explaining that. Sounds pretty slick.

Maybe around football season, they should have two separate Madden Forums. One "For" and one "Against". That way the ranters wouldn't tinkle on the Maddenites parade...and Os would save bandwith on the 26 different "Why must people hate on this game so much?" threads that will inevitably be made. Everyone would be happy!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:53 PM   #43
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
This "Passing Vision" concept was already in Fever. You had to choose the receiver before you threw the ball. Most of the on-field enhancements that they are "innovating" have been done before.

The absolute funniest part is how Madden apologists will rave over these features like they're the best thing since sliced bread...when the same features supposedly didn't mean squat in "other" games.

Way to finally catch up Tiburon. Better late than never.

I'm willing to give them the benifit of the doubt and perhaps not be so negative in light of these recent developments but only because of the fans b*****ing and complaining for what seems like about at least 15 years of the same old rehash product.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not the hatter as a lot of you may think I am its just that its taken this once eloquent and lustrous franchise well over a decade to finally wake up and smell the coffee and produce which by the way hasn't been seen yet a game that appears to be what its loyal fans have been screaming and clamering about for quite sometime now.

From what I've been seeing and hearing from G4 Tech TV and interviews from various sources they seem to be getting the message...time for change and that time is now.

Alot of what they're doing really isn't all that new just things that they've held back on for years and years now...hell I remember playing Madden in the arcades when I was a kid and trust me that was a long long time ago.

I for one am pleased that somebody in the managment and QC departments finally had the vision to revamp things and pass the game on to the next gen like I said its about time and so what if they're borrowing a few innovations that existed in other games thats a good thing and since those games including the classic Tecmo Bowl have no further use of them anymore, use em' they were great then and with improvements they can be enhanced and brought into the 20th Century thank God.

Their future looks bright and hopeful and like a lot of you here have said its time to move on into this new and bright future with no hard feeling, yeah I said it but for me its been a very long time coming and now I can finally say that as for the Madden franchise as a whole I'm one of the few that can honestly say that I've been there and done that and you younger gamers out there are real luckly to be living in these days of next gen I'm pretty much thankful I've got to live and see my years of Madden purgatory finally end its been a long time coming and I've seen alot of Football video games come and go and this is truly indeed a new day for gamers everywhere and guess what?

I'm still here and I'm not the last man standing on this one thank God I'll get to enjoy the same gaming and gameplay you young cats are going to be privy to and who knows someday we'll meet online and I'll teach you young whipper snappers a thing or two about how Football is suppose to be played so don't be surprised if you find the old Rickster whippin' serious booty online cause I ain't done just yet!!!

My only regret in all this is the demise of another great franchise but there are ways of handling and dealing with that so nuff said on that it'll take care of itself with a little help from its diehard fans. (you know who you are)

Holla Back y'all
Old 05-19-2005, 12:27 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm sick of madden he makes no sense in real life.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:41 AM   #45
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
LOL...Nice.

Besides a handful of Madden faithful, I haven't really seen anyone around here that has been blown-away with the on-field enhancements they've announced. Not even the folks on neutral ground. Hell, even some of the sheep have been unimpressed. Head tracking? Uhhh, wow, about time. As a matter of fact most of these features are just now catching up with 2K...Total control passing, 2K's audible system, the Juke stick, team specific formations...all "borrowed" and given cool, focus-tested, marketing dept approved catch-phrase names. I see why they bought out the comp!
First off, I reread my post and realized that I came off as being something of a d*ck. I'm sorry, I had a really long day yesterday.

The reason you haven't much seen much positive buzz here is twofold. One, EA has been somewhat reticent to date in regards to actual footage of the game in action. Second, the majority of OS members have a "2k-centric" view of gaming. That's not a criticism, just a fact. To expect the folks here to lavish praise on EA under any circumstances is unrealistic.

Quote:
How about implementing real tackling physics? How about re-doing the worst models in the sports-sim genre, BAR NONE. Fever, football gaming's perennial 3rd-stringer had better models. C'mon man, even you have to admit that these new features are the same half-step additions like "playmakers" and "create-a-fan" that we always see.
There are some valid points here (especially in the area of tackling physics), but I disagree that vision passing and line adjustments represent mere "incremental improvements." I really feel that vision passing if done correctly (and I'll grant you that's a big "if") could fundamentally change the nature of the game. For the first time ever in Madden, qb awareness ratings will actually matter. Strong armed but stupid qb's (*cough* Jeff George *cough*)will no longer be able to dominate. Combine that with the ability to spread or tighten the o-line as necessary, and we could have the best sim of real football EA has ever produced.

Quote:
Don't be naive Coog...of course there will always be incremental improvement. No one questioned that. But if you're gonna' point to these enhancements (most of which we've already seen for 2-3 years) to prove that Tiburon will "raise the bar on football gaming" (lol, that sounds funny even saying it), then you and your argumentation skills are in for a long, long season, bro
What I said was that the people who loudly proclaimed that EA would simply slap a new cover on last year's game appear to have been dead wrong. I think you're selling vision passing short when you compare it to Fever's read and lead system. Imo that had more in common with the old John Elway Football arcade game than it does with Madden 06. Both Fever and JEF had the player moving a cursor around the field, and then throwing the ball to a spot. Both games emphasized the skill of the individual gamer, not the virtual qb he was controlling.

Vision passing is different because it will place a premium on the qb's ratings. It will make controlling Brett Favre completely different form controlling Kyle Boller. Imo, that's something no game to date has really done. It could also rein in some of the worst excesses of the cheesers. I'm excited about the potential of this, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it in action.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-19-2005 at 12:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »