Home

OS @ E3 Madden 2006 Impressions

This is a discussion on OS @ E3 Madden 2006 Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #17
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: OS @ E3 Madden 2006 Impressions

True. I was just hoping to see something more exciting.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

We are still quite a few months from August.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #19
DickDalewood

OVR:

I think it was pretty much inevitable that this version would, for the most part, feel like a roster update. EA is probably getting ready for the 360 debut, and personally, I would hope that that is where all there efforts are going. After these latest screen shots from Madden next gen, it looks like that may be the case.

I know, some of you will say not everyone will own a 360 right away or for a while, but EA has to make the switch sometime. They still make Madden for the PS1, but is it as good as the XBOX, PS2, and GC versions? No. It's getting to the point where these current console's version won't be their first priority either, and I think that time may be now...

Old 05-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #20
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I think it was pretty much inevitable that this version would, for the most part, feel like a roster update. EA is probably getting ready for the 360 debut, and personally, I would hope that that is where all there efforts are going. After these latest screen shots from Madden next gen, it looks like that may be the case.

I know, some of you will say not everyone will own a 360 right away or for a while, but EA has to make the switch sometime. They still make Madden for the PS1, but is it as good as the XBOX, PS2, and GC versions? No. It's getting to the point where these current console's version won't be their first priority either, and I think that time may be now...
Rumor has is the next gen games will sell for $60-$70, they better focus on that version for that price.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:45 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

you're right, there is a point... but it's not now. The xbox360 doesn't come out until Nov? PS3 next year? But Madden will hit the shelves in August which means they should be putting a great effort into the best systems on the market at that time. I could see if they weren're releasing any Madden until the launch of 360.

i don't come in this forum to hate on EA even though i've had an issue with the way they updgrade all of their games for years and the arcadish direction their "sim" titles are heading, but no one should be making excuses for them. I'm waiting to hear from the people who'll say "the SS time could've been used to improve the gameplay" but that doesn't seem to happen with Madden. it's the golden child and shouldn't be. all the madden fans will buy the game (and many other fans b/c of the nfl license) and most if not all will love the game but that doesn't mean EA shouldn't hear that we know they're slacking in areas, caring only about the profits.

thanks for the review, Fetter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #22
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Thanks Fetter2. Well it looks like what I was thinking is true-same ol Madden..a few new "features", same old game play. And this is what we are suppose to just deal with because EA is the only true NFL game this year and years to come? This is the very reason people have been consistantly bitching about EA being the only game in town. To hell with that, I'll just update the rosters on 2K5. Food for thought...We're into day 3 of E3, and still NO ONE has played the next gen game, and only so called clips of in game footage have been shown. While showing these "screens" may appeal to younger audiences and make them drool with excitement, it does nothing for me...If you want my money, then show me something that will peak my interest. I'm sick and tired of all the defenses and excuses for EA/Madden. There is no excuse for at least the last 5 years of ABSOULTELY NO GAMEPLAY INNOVATION from EA. Talk about the 2K series all you want, but at least you saw VC trying to take football to the next level on the now generation systems. Peace.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:20 PM   #23
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Uhm...you guys know the X360 version of the game looks NOTHING like what EA is showing on the show floor with the PS2/XBox?

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=347691

Quote:
Today we got to see Madden 06 IN-GAME and I must say that while it doesn't look just like the commercial it actually looked BETTER.

It's a bit hard to explain, but to me, the commercial looked too stylized and the characters almost looked more like superheros than human beings.

Behind closed doors at EA's booth we got to see a demo of Madden 06 running on the 360 engine that was not just some kind of commercial or target demo animation but in-game, real-time motion.

The detail, sharpness and sheer crispness of the image quality was insane! We got to see how much detail was in the character models, as well as the stadiums and it was unreal. You could view in up VERY close to the player's face and see everything from stubble on their faces to inconsistencies on their skin such as birthmarks and whatnot on players. Shaun Alexander #37 for the Seattle Seahawks was the character being shown and you could see birthmarks on the back of his neck. There is even sweat that rolls down the skin...it's almost so detailed it's gross.

Now, I will say we didn't get a chance to actually see a full 11 man team on each side of the field, but from what we did say it actually looks like EA is kicking some serious booty on what they have coming in the next gen.

We also got a look at Need for Speed Most Wanted in action, and I must say of their entire lineup I'm wanting that one more than any. It was SICK.

Tiger Woods was also nice looking, but not as impressive as either Madden or NBA Live, which had characters that looks just as highly detailed as Madden.

FIFA looked very nice as well, and basically using the same engine style as the rest of EA's sports lineup as far as we can tell so far.

The only things we did notice that weren't in place were some of the more advanced shadowing effects and some of the extra lighting effects that are still being worked on. The framerate wasn't quite up to par yet, but mainly due to the fact that the final compressions were not implemented.

But overall, we were totally surprised by just how good the game's visuals were.

We are hoping that all these visuals stay on target and come together with the gameplay or it's all for not.

So yea, I know there's a lot of negative feelings about EA, and believe me, I'm with you...but EA did a good job of getting my attention today.

I just wanted to share...
Old 05-19-2005, 06:12 PM   #24
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Thanks for the review, a lot more informative than anything else I've read.

Just a quick point, and I'm not trying to start a war, but to the person who said something along the lines of: "I was excited for S.S. mode, but not so much anymore." What made you change your mind? He didn't reveal anything that wasnt said in the past two weeks about the mode, so why are you not as excited?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »