Home

Madden 360 Will It Play A Better Game Of Football?

This is a discussion on Madden 360 Will It Play A Better Game Of Football? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2005, 02:17 AM   #9
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 360 Will It Play A Better Game Of Football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMEUSER
Weve scene a pre rendered commercial and weve scene a detailed shot of Shaun Alexander...other than that we know absolutely nothing about Madden 360...very disappointed in the lack of info.

They must have a lot of work to do between now and November....er..should I say September since the game is ready long before it hits store shelves.

Its not like the game comes out next week. Time will give us more info as it gets closer to release.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:06 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

EA has said that the games are being written from the ground up for X360 with no porting whatsoever. AI, graphics, animations, etc... are all being written from the ground up. I hope that the realism reaches new unprecedented levels.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:50 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiggalsu
Its not like the game comes out next week. Time will give us more info as it gets closer to release.
That's true. But it's not like we're getting a ton of information about Madden current gen, and it comes out a lot sooner. We've seen even less of NCAA and it comes out sooner. Hell, we haven't been able to see ONE extended movie of hands-on gameplay - all the information released seems to have been tightly controlled to this point. In comparison to last year, where we had gameplay vids on an almost weekly basis. I'm sure NFL2k5 had a lot to do with that, but still... the lack of info this year is ridiculous IMO.

In other words, I wouldn't hold my breath on us getting a ton more info on Madden 360 if EA decides not to show it. They're showing right now that they really don't have to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2005, 08:55 AM   #12
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

As far as roster updates each week, they should definitely do this. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they do this with Madden PC before or around the first PS2 version. Now they have exclusive rights, so they better use them.

Another thing I can't understand in these sports games is the game "style" setting (or whatever it is called). Can't they make two setting? One for "arcade style" and one for "sim style". But actually make them work.

If they program everything off player ratings, this shouldn't be that hard to implement. Since most "arcade" gamers love offense, adjust all the offense ratings in "arcade" mode to give them a big advantage. And make realistic ratings for the "sim" setting.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:55 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

why don't they just have an option of "simulation" and "arcade"? On sim', the game would play like a hard, tough, realistic, run-oriented, non-juiced, realistic game of ball, and on "arcade", it will play like a "traditional" game of madden.

This would keep the younger audiences (who help keep Madden's sales so high, and who EA has been clearly appealing to in the past few years) happy and finally please those spitting fire (and very deservedly so) for EA to drop the excuses, gimmicks, and apathy and actually address the realistic gameplay overall.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:56 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
As far as roster updates each week, they should definitely do this. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they do this with Madden PC before or around the first PS2 version. Now they have exclusive rights, so they better use them.

Another thing I can't understand in these sports games is the game "style" setting (or whatever it is called). Can't they make two setting? One for "arcade style" and one for "sim style". But actually make them work.

If they program everything off player ratings, this shouldn't be that hard to implement. Since most "arcade" gamers love offense, adjust all the offense ratings in "arcade" mode to give them a big advantage. And make realistic ratings for the "sim" setting.

Just my 2 cents.
jrivera34, you stole my thunder! lol
Old 05-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #15
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
why don't they just have an option of "simulation" and "arcade"? On sim', the game would play like a hard, tough, realistic, run-oriented, non-juiced, realistic game of ball, and on "arcade", it will play like a "traditional" game of madden.

This would keep the younger audiences (who help keep Madden's sales so high, and who EA has been clearly appealing to in the past few years) happy and finally please those spitting fire (and very deservedly so) for EA to drop the excuses, gimmicks, and apathy and actually address the realistic gameplay overall.
I guess you were typing this that same time I was
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2005, 09:36 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus

Its funny because already at default, you see the game play like arcade, especially apparent in live with faitgue and subs OFF. They could simply incorpate sliders way more, and call it simulation mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »