Home

Updates On Madden Online Play

This is a discussion on Updates On Madden Online Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #25
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Updates On Madden Online Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastarr
EA will be charging $20 this year for leagues. As a matter of fact, your credit card will be automatically billed in august if you provided it to become a premium member. You will have to inform EA through the premium website that you don't want to renew your membership. I already have, the joke they put out last year easily made up my mind.
You have a source on this? Or is this just a rumor you're passing off as fact?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Yeah, I thought I had heard that EA had gotten another sponsor this year for the premium pass thing.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #27
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

I couldn't stand LeagueDaddy for my College Hoops league. Entering all the stats afterwards (and sometimes having to write them down first) was a PAIN!!! I can't imagine doing all the stats needed for football.

The one thing LeagueDaddy did have on ESPN was customizeable conferences/schedules. Honestly, though, online leagues is the ONLY way I've played NFL 2k5 the past 6 months. Having injuries carry over weeks, hashing out trades with other players, talking smack on the boards, making polls, and having the teams rosters able to carry over to a second (or more) season is HUGE!! Pretty much an online franchise....kinda.

ESPN League plusses:
-website interface
-news
-polls
-game writeups
-play-by-play saved for each game
-stats GALORE
-message boards
-automatic stat uploading
-league lobbies
-ps2 online interface
-rosters/teams carrying over to multiple seasons
-injury tracking (can reset injuries if need be)
-living rosters
-ability to boot/replace owners
-ability to quickly reset games that were terminated

ESPN league cons:
-no customizable schedules/conferences
-stragglers extending weeks (not ESPN's fault)

To think that ESPN/VC/T2 offered this free (on top of free online play for being on a ps2) for a $20 game is INSANE!!! EA needs a "sponsor" to keep it free for the user?

There is no way I could allow myself to pay $70/year for XBox Live (isn't that what it is now?), $20 for Premium Pass to EA when they're shelling out $$$$ left and right for exclusive licenses to squash competition. I may not necessarily boycot EA because of the license, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I pay them EXTRA money because they can't afford to provide a service!!

Go Badgers!
Old 05-25-2005, 01:40 PM   #28
Banned

stellastarr's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
My source is when I filled out the form to join, the fine print...

do you remember having to use your "credit card" to complete the registration of becoming a premium member?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #29
Banned

stellastarr's Arena

There is a way to elect them from charging you $19.99 after august 1, 2005. You must pull up your premium membership account and check that you don't want to renew... at easports.com
Old 05-25-2005, 02:02 PM   #30
Banned

stellastarr's Arena

Q: If EA plans on charging for the EA POSRTS Premium Pass next year, will it be auto-charged to my credit card unless I cancel my membership? If you love the VIP treatment you get this year, and choose to continue getting access to the "back room," your credit card will not be automatically charged the EA SPORTS Premium Pass membership fee annually. You always have the option to discontinue your membership, but you must cancel it prior to August 1, 2005 to prevent any charges for the 2006 Premium Pass season. The EA SPORTS Premium Pass membership fee is non-refundable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is copied from FAQ of premium membership. It states what I have said, "You always have the option to discontinue your membership, but you must cancel it prior to August 1, 2005 to prevent any charges for the 2006 Premium Pass season. The EA SPORTS Premium Pass membership fee is non-refundable. "
Old 05-25-2005, 02:17 PM   #31
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastarr
Q: If EA plans on charging for the EA POSRTS Premium Pass next year, will it be auto-charged to my credit card unless I cancel my membership? If you love the VIP treatment you get this year, and choose to continue getting access to the "back room," your credit card will not be automatically charged the EA SPORTS Premium Pass membership fee annually. You always have the option to discontinue your membership, but you must cancel it prior to August 1, 2005 to prevent any charges for the 2006 Premium Pass season. The EA SPORTS Premium Pass membership fee is non-refundable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is copied from FAQ of premium membership. It states what I have said, "You always have the option to discontinue your membership, but you must cancel it prior to August 1, 2005 to prevent any charges for the 2006 Premium Pass season. The EA SPORTS Premium Pass membership fee is non-refundable. "
You don't see the difference between "If EA plans on charging" and your statement of "EA will be charging"?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:21 PM   #32
Banned

stellastarr's Arena

The problem is, that answer they give for the question is conflicting. On one end it says they won't, but at the end of the answer it says it will if you don't cancel before august 1st

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »