Home

New Madden 2006 Interview from Madden Wishlist

This is a discussion on New Madden 2006 Interview from Madden Wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2005, 03:38 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: New Madden 2006 Interview from Madden Wishlist

To me...the entire interview was more impressive than i expected. Madden has peaked my interest a bit more than I anticipated. Still a rental first, but may not ONLY be a rental....
Old 05-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm impressed also. I just wish that they could have added more penalties.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #11
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Good to see that about the penalties.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2005, 12:15 PM   #12
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I guess we only see the questions coming from us, the hardcore gamers. I'd like to see the questions & feedback they get from casual gamers(are they casual gamers if they give feedback?). I'd like to know what makes EA think unrealistic aspects of the game are more fun then realisitic ones.

It seems that EA uses new features/logic to fix unrealistic aspects of the game. For example, "Yes, we have certain formations listed as good for the run such as 4-3, 46 and others that are good for the pass such as quarter and dime. When you run them incorrectly, we hurt your teams’ blocking and breaking off of blocks ratings." But if a weaker player couldn't hold his ground against a stronger blocker, or a slow LB couldn't cover a faster WR, you wouldn't have to subtract from the teams existing ratings. The way they're doing it will hurt even superior defensive players.

And why haven't they added an arcade/simulation option to satisfy everyone instead of trying to find a happy medium that will satisfy no one. Some complain the players are too fast, some complain they're too slow. What could EA possibly have done to find the so called happy medium?

But a lot of what the rep said sounds very good. Injury sliders, fatigue, QBs responding to pressure...
Old 05-25-2005, 12:30 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
"Yes, we have certain formations listed as good for the run such as 4-3, 46 and others that are good for the pass such as quarter and dime. When you run them incorrectly, we hurt your teams’ blocking and breaking off of blocks ratings." But if a weaker player couldn't hold his ground against a stronger blocker, or a slow LB couldn't cover a faster WR, you wouldn't have to subtract from the teams existing ratings. The way they're doing it will hurt even superior defensive players.
I think that this fix is realistic. If a defensive scheme designed to stop the pass is chosen, the entire team should be looking to stop the pass and also maybe looking for a draw. Even the superior defensive players are prone to primarily look for a run if they are set in a 4-3, that's just football....but we should hope that the ratings hit won't be drastic enough to say, have FAMU(my alma mater so would actually love to see this, but not this lifetime) beat Miami up and down the field.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:44 PM   #14
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I think that this fix is realistic. If a defensive scheme designed to stop the pass is chosen, the entire team should be looking to stop the pass and also maybe looking for a draw. Even the superior defensive players are prone to primarily look for a run if they are set in a 4-3, that's just football....but we should hope that the ratings hit won't be drastic enough to say, have FAMU(my alma mater so would actually love to see this, but not this lifetime) beat Miami up and down the field.
It depends. Just because you play a 4-3 doesn't mean you're looking for a run. A 4-3, cover 2 or 3 can do wonders against short & intermediate passes. And there are zone blitzs in a 4-3 that are designed to stop the pass. Also, look what the mid 80s Bears could do against the pass with the 4-6.

Secondly, even when a defense is fooled, their skills don't deminish; they are just caught out of position. The way the EA rep describes it, a DB's ability to break a block during a run is deminished because the defense expected a pass. But on EVERY play a DBs first priority is the pass. And by the time someone reaches a DB to block him, the defense has long since figured out it was a run. Why would a safety find it harder to break a block at that point.

Lastly, defensive personnel is based on offensive personnel. A Defensive coordinator may send out a nickel because the offense comes out w/3 receivers. How will EA handle this? The offense is in a pass formation, the defense's personnel is set to stop the pass, but the offense runs. Defenders are blocked easier because they were in a pass defense? Both the offense & defense were in a pass formation. And think about how many times a DL, expecting a pass, finds himself takling a RB in the backfield because he shot a gap trying to get to a QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »