Home

New Madden 2006 Interview from Madden Wishlist

This is a discussion on New Madden 2006 Interview from Madden Wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
New Madden 2006 Interview from Madden Wishlist

Find it here...

http://www.maddenwishlist.com/interview2006.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Madden 2006 Interview from Madden Wishlist

Thanks for the link.... Off to read
Old 05-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Thanks for the link.... Off to read
EA – Not a problem. The design team here at Tiburon loves the feedback and enjoys the challenge of providing a game that satisfies the hardcore gamers like yourselves as well as casual fans.

Bad start if you ask me.. How can any sports game truly satisfy the hardcore gamer, when at their core they are aracade like?

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-24-2005, 07:49 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
EA – Not a problem. The design team here at Tiburon loves the feedback and enjoys the challenge of providing a game that satisfies the hardcore gamers like yourselves as well as casual fans.

Bad start if you ask me.. How can any sports game truly satisfy the hardcore gamer, when at their core they are aracade like?
They can't, hence the necessary compromises..
Old 05-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Can we stay on topic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Penalties -- false starts, offsides, and pass interference in particular-- are rarely called in Madden. Sliders here are no help either -- maxing out the sliders in 2005 does not have much of an effect.

(a) Was the *default* number of false starts, offsides, and pass interference penalties increased for this year?

EA - We tuned pass interference this year. It is occurring at a rate that seems reasonable right now. There is no pre-determined number of penalties that can happen during a game.

I agree that Madden 05 had problems w/PI , but the MW people felt that there weren't enough false starts?!! All I can say is try playing as the 04 Cowboys, you'll get all the fs penalties you can stand.

Other than that, an excellent read. I'm really starting to get pumped for Madden this year...
Old 05-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #7
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
MW - Have you added injury sliders so that we can adjust the number of injuries ourselves? If so, will the sliders allow us to control injuries in played and simulated games separately? Will they allow us to tune both the frequency (i.e., how often players get injured) and severity (i.e., when a player is injured, how long they are out for) of the injuries?

EA – Yes and Yes. The sliders only affect the frequency of the injuries. Severity is something we can look into in the future.
Good stuff. I don't see how Tiburon could possibly leave this feature out after VC added an injury slider to NFL2k5 last year. Too bad they didn't also get the fumble slider in.

Quote:
MW - Were there any changes to the stamina system this year?

EA - Yes, we have a new fatigue system in place that will have more of a progressive effect over the game. Everything from getting tackled to performing spin moves has an effect on your fatigue. Also, what type of tackle that occurred is taken into account when trying to figure out how much to reduce the fatigue. Players will get a cap at which they can only recover to (for example, maybe 94%, depending on many factors including his stamina rating) and the speed at which they recover will also be more realistic. It is a system that in the end will prove to make for a more realistic feel with player fatigue.
Good stuff.

*Pops Collar* : http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...05#post1637305
Old 05-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Good stuff. I don't see how Tiburon could possibly leave this feature out after VC added an injury slider to NFL2k5 last year. Too bad they didn't also get the fumble slider in.

Good stuff.

*Pops Collar* : http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...05#post1637305
Injury slider and the new fatigue system are very very good signs imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »