Home

Your Thoughts regarding Madden/XBOX360/PS3

This is a discussion on Your Thoughts regarding Madden/XBOX360/PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon5 Your Thoughts regarding Madden/XBOX360/PS3

I have hit a bump in the road and need your thoughts....

I, of course, have a XBOX360 reserved for purchase the day it comes out. Now the only reason I am getting this is because of Madden and NBA Live (or NBA 2k6)...don't really care about too many other games (at the moment)...

I started to think...maybe I should hold out for the PS3...afterall isn't the PS3 gonna be a slightly stronger (power wise) and it being Sony I can see many more titles for this?!?!?...Am I wrong here?

I come here mainly because this is not an XBOX board, nor a PS3 board...it is a Madden board...

Also I am hearing rumblings that Madden may not launch with the XBOX360....

HELP!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2005, 10:57 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Your Thoughts regarding Madden/XBOX360/PS3

It kinda depends on your current preference for either XBOX or PS2, IMO. The two systems are gonna be so great graphics-wise that it'll be very hard to distinguish which one is "better" from that aspect, and either console will have much greater power than whatever is available this generation. Both consoles should get roughly equal support 3rd-party wise, as is the case with the PS2 and XBOX now. The one thing I would consider is what exclusive titles you want to be able to play. If you can't live without Halo or Forza, I'd get the 360 because there's no chance of either on the PS3. Likewise, if you want any of the exclusive Playstation titles, like Gran Turismo and SOCOM, I'd go with the PS3.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

The sports games i think will be ported from the xbox 360 to the ps3 so really it does not make a differnce which system you have. Its easier to make games for the 360 than the ps3. Why not just get the one thats coming out this year.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Madden is indeed launching with the 360. In terms of overall console power....they'll be pretty much equal. Remember, the 360 demos shown at E3 were running on Alpha kits that only had 1/3 of the power that the finished version will have. Also, PS3 was only CGI footage...not real time game demos. Also, MS is aiming for almost 40 launch games.....with 160 more allready in development.

Last edited by ChuckS; 05-31-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:31 PM   #5
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
The sports games i think will be ported from the xbox 360 to the ps3 so really it does not make a differnce which system you have. Its easier to make games for the 360 than the ps3. Why not just get the one thats coming out this year.
What is your basis for making this claim?

Personally, I intend to wait until both consoles are available before making a decision. That means I'll have to wait until next spring at the earliest, but I can deal with that.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-31-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2005, 03:31 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Free will, the ability to make our own decisions is the greatest power we have. My advice. Use that power. Make up your own mind.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:42 PM   #7
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
I agree. Just the way EA ported games for the Xbox from the PS2, they will do the same with 360 and PS3. Like an earlier poster said, if you favor exclusive from MS go with 360 and if you favor Sony exclusives, go with the PS3.

On a side note, the 360 may be $100 cheaper.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k
I, of course, have a XBOX360 reserved for purchase the day it comes out. Now the only reason I am getting this is because of Madden and NBA Live (or NBA 2k6)...don't really care about too many other games (at the moment)...
I am probably in the same boat... I will pre-order an X-Box 360 once they officially announce the price and launch date.

I am excited about NBA2K6 and possibly NBA Live (I have not purchased Live is 6 years). But Madden might be pretty decent... I have not purchased Madden in maybe 12 years...

I hope it plays half-way between Madden and NFL2K...

I am not interested in any other X-Box 360 games... Oh wait... Tiger Woods... I hate first-person shooters...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »