Home

strong and weak halves of the field....

This is a discussion on strong and weak halves of the field.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
strong and weak halves of the field....

Will this be the year that the Madden team finally gets this right? I do not want a left and right safety or left and right outside linebacker. Strong and free, strong and weak PLEASE!!!!!! There is a reason why a guy like Thomas Davis can be made an NFL linebacker, and its because he can be allowed to play the weak side of the field away from that big ugly tight end. He will be allowed to play in space. Some NFL safeties couldn't cover my white a**. Most of them are called strong safeties and play close to the line. The game needs to reflect this. On a related note, I never, ever, ever again want to see the 2 corner side of the nickel defense lined away from the strength of my trips wideouts, even if they ARE in zone. Cub football players can see the flaw in that! Can anyone that was at E3 tell me my wishes will come? Honestly, this REALLY needs to be dealt with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: strong and weak halves of the field....

I assure you that they won't change it.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh you assure me??????? Oh wow, I feel so assured..........
Old 06-02-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I always hated that LBs, safeties, and DEs didn't play the strong and weak sides of the formation. I've been playing 2K for the past few years. They had a feature where you could swap safeties, DEs and DTs with the touch of a button during play calling(I don't recall if you could do it with LBs or not). That allowed you to get your FS and rush DE on the weak side of the formation. I hope EA steals that idea from Sega.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I always hated that LBs, safeties, and DEs didn't play the strong and weak sides of the formation. I've been playing 2K for the past few years. They had a feature where you could swap safeties, DEs and DTs with the touch of a button during play calling(I don't recall if you could do it with LBs or not). That allowed you to get your FS and rush DE on the weak side of the formation. I hope EA steals that idea from Sega.
They did, and they called it custom packages, I have one made to swap my DTs and DEs and there are already ones for CBs, LBs and safties
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2005, 04:02 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 32

Yeah, but the problem with that is that .... sure, you can flip your safeties before you call a play. But you don't know until you get to the line whether or not the opponent has flipped his formation.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:26 PM   #7
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Ya... in fact, you cant even see the formation the opponent is in until u get to the line. You have to go by short and wide side of the field if you want to do anything like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »