Home

EA Fumbles Online League Support Again!

This is a discussion on EA Fumbles Online League Support Again! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2005, 03:46 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: EA Fumbles Online League Support Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Stop drinking the EA kool aid.. Cause it's not popular enough, EA shouldn't include it.. What about being a trend setter? I guess Channels shouldn't broadcast in HD since only 12% of American homes have HDTV?? EA blows money left & right & spit on the Madden faithful with $$$$ for a league.. Yes, they are lazy.. How can VC, who is much smaller financially support robust online leagues, but EA can't? & don't tell me EA can't get things fixed in the game if they take the time to include better online options.. The run blocking been awful in Madden for yrs, its not because EA couldn't fix it due to their 'robust' online leagues.. EA would rather create another feature, or improve on other broken gameplay issues..EA is missing the boat.. This is the 21st century, & a company as 'smart' as EA doesn't realize how huge online leagues are? Making us manually put in stats is slapping all of us in the face.. They are saying.. We got your money.. We don't care.. Its sooo out dated..
The only Obligation EA has to its consumers is to make certain they make a great cyber NFL product w/o bugs that is fun to play. A league feature is not a requirement or even something that should be expected. Well, maybe it should be expected but when you look at the issue in its totality logic should prevail in why it has not happened.

The best online leagues are those that are ran independantly. In terms of stats..Sure its great to play and have them done manually by the server but putting them in manually via Leaguedaddy is no big deal and to be quite honest leagues where people have to put in work are better IMO because people are invested in the league and know from the git go that they have a responsibility to the league..This means better commitmentand an overall better league.

Dude..if league features are SO HUGE (your words)..Go find 10 ESPN/2k supported leagues in any sport that are thriving and well run...I'd assume because of the enourmous popularity this should be an extremely easy thing to do. I don't want to hear the same excuse many of you use blah, blah, blah..Just back it up or shut your argument down because your argument is nothing w/o proof...Show the proof.

BTW: I won't hold my breath waiting...LOL

Last edited by B. Gumbel; 06-17-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #66
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

you can't hold your breath, you're too busy repeating yourself. i'm amazed that people are even entertaining you. i made a clear point on where EA really lacks in the "cost effectiveness" department on page 1 or 2. you have clearly avoided addressing it b/c it makes you're argument look like the crap that it is. there's no point even talking about it anymore... then again most of this thread is just you talking.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:56 PM   #67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
you can't hold your breath, you're too busy repeating yourself. i'm amazed that people are even entertaining you. i made a clear point on where EA really lacks in the "cost effectiveness" department on page 1 or 2. you have clearly avoided addressing it b/c it makes you're argument look like the crap that it is. there's no point even talking about it anymore... then again most of this thread is just you talking.
What else is there to say...many of the einsteins here are unable to see what the basic reason for not having a league feature is...Its not cost effective (LOL)...So I'll just keep saying the same thing because thats the answer to the question or the statement of "Why no league feature"

Did you find the 10 leagues yet???...all this typing you should have surely found them by now to prove that they exist...Still waiting

As I recall you bailed out real quick when the issue of verification surfaced..Find 10 leagues and I'll stop repeating the samething. Some people just aren't satisfied with the truth. It has to be an EA conspiracy to screw its consumers???..Gimme a break...7,000 posts and you haven't figured out the game yet?

Last edited by B. Gumbel; 06-17-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:06 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

bailed out? where'd i go? did i have fun?

i made a post (you want everyone to go to another site and search through hundreds if not thousands of leagues but i'm still waiting for you to go back to a post i made in THIS thread) that stated that the MAIN point i was trying to make was the real area where EA has failed in being cost effective is CLEAR and has nothing to do with a decision on online leagues. you ignored the main point in every reply. every reply i made after that pointed you back to the fact that you ignored that point and here we are, seven pages later, and still nothing.

i'm sorry if this issue isn't important enough for me to run around in circles with you. if you can't even respond to that point i have no reason to respect anything new you have to say... the fact that you have nothing new to say is irrelavent but more reason for me to not post every 2 seconds and back to back, like you do.

to make it simple, my point is you are desperately trying to defend EA with little substance. you've been doing a better job at proving my point than me so what else do i need to say?

One correction for you. It was on page 4, in case you were going to actually address it this time. So it's been only 3 pages, not 7. Don't want to exaggerate.

Last edited by wwharton; 06-17-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:22 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Gumbel
The best online leagues are those that are ran independantly. In terms of stats

Ummmmmm.....how???? ESPN's leagues have every stat that the game keeps track of.

Leaguedaddy leagues aren't better at all. There's more leagues that fail now, but probably more that get done too. I played in 2 league daddy leagues last year, and this year both have switched over to ESPN's service, with no regrets at all.

As for finding 10 leagues, well, I'm not going to take the time to go searching, but I've already completed 6 leagues, and and well on my way to finish 2 more.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:23 PM   #70
Banned

no defense necessary...Its all about common sense..Some of us have it...Some of us don't
Old 06-17-2005, 04:25 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
As for finding 10 leagues, well, I'm not going to take the time to go searching, but I've already completed 6 leagues, and and well on my way to finish 2 more.

lol..I smell a rat...everyone here agrees that the league feature is an enoumous hit but not ONE person can find 10 leagues..Its Too much work..Hmmm...very, very interesting...lol

Common knowledege would tell ya that if the league feature was so very popular and used properly finding 10 leagues would be a snap...Oh..my bad but thats thinking in terms of common sense

Last edited by B. Gumbel; 06-17-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #72
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

man it's amazing... you look like a blundering fool at this point but everyone can see it but you. i guess it's just like only you know about this lack of ten leagues, lol. i see i can go back to watching you do my work for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »