Home

EA is and always will be a "hype machine"

This is a discussion on EA is and always will be a "hype machine" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
EA is and always will be a "hype machine"

The reason they have done so little to the game is that they KNOW that we will buy it no matter what they do to the game. In an interview with EA on the IGN web site or maybe it was Gamespot? The guys says we choose to work on the passing because it has been 10 years sine we last worked on the passing game! Why has it been 10 years? Maybe work on the cpu running game it's needed work for the last sixteen years. My point is this. Madden has been out for I think close to sixteen years, sixteen years. The game has progressed at a snells pace at best. I would have thought by now they would be much further alone then they are. If I was EA I would be laughing at us as I am sure they are. They know we will buy Madden why but much effort into it? I saw where Madden for the 360 is going to cost $59.95. I bet it will look better then anything we have ever seen in a football game. It will play just as poorly as the Madden game of the past. There are things we have asked EA to implement over the years but they always blame system resources or the "wait till next year"

Right

Flame me if you want. I am just tired of the same old same old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA is and always will be a "hype machine"

Old 06-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I dunno, they've worked on the mechanics of the passing off and on over the years. This is the first time that they've really tinkered on the process of passing in the game. The passing has been the least of Madden's woes over the years so there was no need to make any sweeping changes.

You have to give them props in trying to fix the defensive side of the Madden engine the last couple years. Yeah it wasn't much of a fix but at least they recognized it needed attention.

I think that the Madden engine needs an overhaul but we'll have to wait til the next gen systems to really see that happen.

Is EA a hype machine? yeah most of the time.

Do they try to fix things that need to be addressed? Sometimes, but not always. I find that the only time EA really addresses things is if the online community has a meltdown. That's not the greatest way to do Quality Testing but it's better then nothing.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
The reason they have done so little to the game is that they KNOW that we will buy it no matter what they do to the game. In an interview with EA on the IGN web site or maybe it was Gamespot? The guys says we choose to work on the passing because it has been 10 years sine we last worked on the passing game! Why has it been 10 years? Maybe work on the cpu running game it's needed work for the last sixteen years. My point is this. Madden has been out for I think close to sixteen years, sixteen years. The game has progressed at a snells pace at best. I would have thought by now they would be much further alone then they are. If I was EA I would be laughing at us as I am sure they are. They know we will buy Madden why but much effort into it? I saw where Madden for the 360 is going to cost $59.95. I bet it will look better then anything we have ever seen in a football game. It will play just as poorly as the Madden game of the past. There are things we have asked EA to implement over the years but they always blame system resources or the "wait till next year"

Right

Flame me if you want. I am just tired of the same old same old.

EA IS YOUR FATHER. LISTEN TO YOUR FATHER. YOU WILL BUY EA SPORTS VIDEOGAMES. YOU ARE FORCED TO BUY EA SPORTS VIDEOGAMES. YOU HAVE TO LOVE EA SPORTS VIDEOGAMES. YOUR FATHER HAS SPOKEN.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
MVP

Radja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill

EA IS YOUR FATHER. LISTEN TO YOUR FATHER. YOU WILL BUY EA SPORTS VIDEOGAMES. YOU ARE FORCED TO BUY EA SPORTS VIDEOGAMES. YOU HAVE TO LOVE EA SPORTS VIDEOGAMES. YOUR FATHER HAS SPOKEN.
then i want to up my allowance, dad, now that we're billionaires. woo hoo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
then i want to up my allowance, dad, now that we're billionaires. woo hoo.
Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing a few of those millions passed my way.

My Video Game Streams
Old 06-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill

Crying.... yes father

You and EA are always right
Old 06-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #8
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

That's the amount of times this point has been brought up. You can't change it, so it doesn't matter. Madden will always have a stronghold on the football market, and it only grew tighter with the NFL deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »