Home

Ea need to dump the passing cone system in the dumpster!

This is a discussion on Ea need to dump the passing cone system in the dumpster! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #25
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Ea need to dump the passing cone system in the dumpster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockgeez04
sounds like a lot of people are worried they wont be able to cheese their way to victory this year, i cant wait to see all the cheaters, glitchers, and people who play like 5 year olds online in 06, the passing cone is the best thing that could have happened

i would pay money to see all the people's faces when they realize they arent gonna be any good in 06, and they wont be making there living off madden this year, too freakin bad!... learn to play REAL football u cowards and come see me
How is it going to stop cheating?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9

how about we actually play the game before we trash it?....that may be a stupid concept based upon nothing except common sense ..but i will reserve comment (negative or positive)until i actually play the g-d game
Old 06-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

im out of the loop in madden.... whats cone vision? Can the QB only pass in that lighted up area? or does that mean he has a WAY better chance to throw it accurately?

look at boller's vision. what if he had to throw a 5 yard out route to the side line, it seems impossible to move fast enough for the vision to move towards the sidelines.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:39 PM   #28
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I just saw a video of it in action with McNabb. It doesn't look as bad as some ppl make it out to be.

I will definitely give it a try.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-05-2005, 12:53 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Personally I am pumped about the vision cone. I think it's a step in the right direction as far as passing goes. If every quarterback is gonna have pinpoint accuracy, their vision is at least one thing other than speed that separates them. There was nothing worse to me than knocking out someones starting QB, the backup comes in and they don't miss a beat. Personally I felt when playing another person, speed was the only thing that separated one QB from another. As far as passes, all of them could hit all of them. I hated that. Most teams have to scale their playbooks down when the starter cant play, simply because the backup usually can't make all the throws that the starter can. In years past unless you were playing with a speedy QB, your starter getting hurt had no impact on the game whatsoever. IMO
Old 06-05-2005, 01:30 AM   #30
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylentKnyt
Personally I am pumped about the vision cone. I think it's a step in the right direction as far as passing goes. If every quarterback is gonna have pinpoint accuracy, their vision is at least one thing other than speed that separates them. There was nothing worse to me than knocking out someones starting QB, the backup comes in and they don't miss a beat. Personally I felt when playing another person, speed was the only thing that separated one QB from another. As far as passes, all of them could hit all of them. I hated that. Most teams have to scale their playbooks down when the starter cant play, simply because the backup usually can't make all the throws that the starter can. In years past unless you were playing with a speedy QB, your starter getting hurt had no impact on the game whatsoever. IMO
Well what's going to happen when you are playing against another person? There's no way to keep the vision thing and have it be two player at the same time.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 3

I understand that playing a video game will never give you the same feeling as playing the game in real life, but each year video game developers try to create the most realistic game ever made. Most sports game developers say they are creating realistic simulation of what the real sport is all about. Most companies fall short for one reason or the another. An example would be Midway this upcoming year. They are making a huge mistake in this year's blitz game for not dropping the blitz theme and going with an 11 on 11 game. Now what their stupid development team doesn't know is that they have an awesome concept.Going up agaisnt the NFL and creating a totally brutal game with graphic hits which Madden would not ever have because of the political game that EA Sports plays with the NFL. EA sports bull**** slogan of "Its in the game, its in the game",is really not even close to being true. If Midway created a title and called it Pro Football 2006 with hits (not arcadish hits every play but every now and then a brutal hit that would make you drop your controller and say damn) which Ea Sports would not put in the game because of fear of what the NFL would say, then they could give EA some strong competition.
Personally I always buy Madden and love to play people that really like to compete fair. However, there is no excuse for what Ea has done to us the past 5 years. Using the same graphical engine from 2001. taking away key features and tossing them back in years later. They have finally decided to allow users to use edited teams online ( maybe even the classic teams)this is something which should have been allowed from day 1 with online play. They try and force you to use the feature that they chose as the number 1 feature,
franchise mode. I personally prefer to use classic teams in season mode which was a feature in past Madden games. The skill practice is wasted space and the create a fan is the biggest bull**** in a game I've ever seen.
Why not work on adding as many animations as possible to bring us one step closer to true simulation. Ea need to look at Konami's soccer game which is a thing of beauty. Is it too much to ask the Mighty kings to create more realism than feeding us kiddie crap. ( some will say that their trying to market to a wide audience, but I disagree because most of the people playing the game are hardcore football fans that play for the competition which is similar to the same feeling you get when playing chess)
Bottom line is the fact that things like the cone will turn some people away from Ea just as much as the exclusive NFL deal has done. Instead of the damn cone, put in a feature which allows QB's with high awareness such as Manning to make his coverage reads twice as fast as those with low awarenss ratings.QB's with low awareness should be limited in the quickness of making coverage reads. Why can't they input quick release animations for specific QB's like Manning or Marino. I know some may disagree but there is no excuse for a lackluster effort on Ea Sports behalf.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2005, 02:24 AM   #32
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
Instead of the damn cone, put in a feature which allows QB's with high awareness such as Manning to make his coverage reads twice as fast as those with low awarenss ratings.QB's with low awareness should be limited in the quickness of making coverage reads.

Um.. I think the cone accomplishes that. Think about it. Less aware qbs have a smaller cone, so it will take longer to "make your coverage reads" and throw to a non-primary reciever. What would you prefer, the passing icons not popping up as quickly? The QB sitting there and not throwing the ball when you push the button? I think that'd be more frustrating than the cone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »