Home

QB Vision: I have a really bad feeling about this....

This is a discussion on QB Vision: I have a really bad feeling about this.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2005, 11:49 AM   #17
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: QB Vision: I have a really bad feeling about this....

Believe me everyone, I played this feature at E3, it really doesn't have the same impact on gameplay the same way the PlayMaker feature does. Yes it adds an extra element of QB Accuracy so when you draft QBs or Trade for QBs or whatever, you'll pay more attention to the QB Accuracy rating. But in all, it isn't going to have THAT much of an impact.

I mean two years from now you can take the PlayMaker control feature out of the game and there would be a uprage of revolt against EA for doing this. But they can take the Vision system out and not many would care....only the hardcore of hardcore Madden fans will.

I'm going to play with this feature turned off....
Old 06-05-2005, 12:45 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
I hope so....because I do disagree with the feature being realistic...nothing realistic about the field lighting up, with a big beam showing where you looking..****ins the element of surprise when playing against other people.

VC and Sega did it for years its called Maximum Passing....EA put this feature in Madden and call it QB Vision...only difference is the flashlight...lol...

Really needs to be a option to turn it off....because it really would get annoying.....can't wait to see and play Next Gen Madden in November. Hope it actually comes out nicely.
The element of surprise? Knowing where the ball is going by reading the QB's eyes is how defenders get picks anyway. It's probably one of the only ways to implement the QB's vision. Any suggestions?
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 06-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I have to say, this thread feels more like a "Hey guys, I went to E3 and got to play Madden" thread than "I hate QB vision". Sorry for calling you out b/c you seem harmless enough but it's hard to take this all that seriously.

In response to some of the other posts about it, it does make the game play more realistically. It's one of the few things EA has done that's similar to VC's approach... focus more on making the game "feel" more realistic rather than just look it. EA usually just tries for realistic stats doing some crazy stuff to get them. This has a bit of that feel too but even with a big light on the field taking away from the look, it will make it play more realistically.

jmood, those QBs look at one WR until the last second when they turn and look at the other before throwing. It's not like a no look pass in basketball. This can be done with the vision, and the way it works is the safeties will be watching the QB's eyes as he targets the first WR and won't have time to react when he quickly turns to throw to the second... vision makes this MORE possible b/c you controlling a safety will focus on the light, not realizing it's a set up... more realistic. I think this is one of the best things madden has done and I think playmaker control and the play action thing are two of the most arcadish things a sim game could come up with.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #20
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I have to say, this thread feels more like a "Hey guys, I went to E3 and got to play Madden" thread than "I hate QB vision". Sorry for calling you out b/c you seem harmless enough but it's hard to take this all that seriously.
And your reply feels more like "Hey, I didn't get to goto E3 to play-test Madden so what am I going to do? I'm going to be a ***** and just try to downsize the guy who did get to goto E3 and tried to give us his little insight about the game." Sorry for calling you about b/c you seem harmless enough because you aren't a gaming journalist like I am and I have connections inside the gaming industry so its hard to take what you say seriously because in all when its all said and done, atleast I got to play the game and I'm able to have a more well rounded insight to the game cause I DID play it. Versus someone like you who just knows Madden 06 by looking at the screens and videos but yet feels like they can create a well balanced arguement against me.

Go and get me a beer while you're at it.

Last edited by Tyrell-PMC; 06-05-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #21
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
When you are playing defense, you don't see a big *** light on the field that points you in the direction of the play. And some quarterbacks are good at faking like they are going to one reciever and then they throw it to a different reciever. There's no way that you can do that with the qb vision thing.
Well, obviously real NFL defenses don't see a big light. But they see the QB's eyes and where they are locked on to. Now, there is no way you can replicate this in a video game, except maybe FP Football, but even that would be hard to do...I'll have to try in ENF 2k5 sometime, so they did the next best thing.

And you can fake that you are going to one receiver then go to another. Keep your vision cone on the X receiver, then at the last second, push the right analog stick to the Y receiver. That's a pretty good fake right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #22
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Well, obviously real NFL defenses don't see a big light. But they see the QB's eyes and where they are locked on to. Now, there is no way you can replicate this in a video game, except maybe FP Football, but even that would be hard to do...I'll have to try in ENF 2k5 sometime, so they did the next best thing.

And you can fake that you are going to one receiver then go to another. Keep your vision cone on the X receiver, then at the last second, push the right analog stick to the Y receiver. That's a pretty good fake right there.
Yeah whatever, as long as there is an option to turn it off, I'm good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »