Home

I'M BUYING A 42" PLASMA FOR XBOX360 AND MADDEN

This is a discussion on I'M BUYING A 42" PLASMA FOR XBOX360 AND MADDEN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
I'M BUYING A 42" PLASMA FOR XBOX360 AND MADDEN

Im curious to know who else is upgrading their system in anticipation of next gen consoles and the new and improved next gen Madden.

I have a 53" projection downstairs. But I hear that since next gen gaming will support HDTV and will have super clear graphics I fear my 53" projection wont be able to take true advantage of the technological advancements of next generation gaming consoles.

Thanks to the California RE market and my RE license I will be buying the 42" NEC 42XM3. 1024 by 768 resolution and capable of displaying 68 billion colors. Im also going to buy the HP Media Center z545 since I will bundle my pc and entertainment system. Im keeping my Xbox and 53" projection downstairs. I will just wall mount the plasma screen upstairs in my master bedroom. I will connect the HP Media Center via DVI so it will be my DVR, cpu and dvd player bundled into one...In November..when I acquire my Xbox 360 and Madden 360 I will hook it up to the super high res NEC 42XM3 and veg out on gaming..I will take days off of work..load up on cheetos and soda..kick my wife out of the room..I plan on being an unshaven, fat nasty insomniac gamer when it first comes out..it will be great..cant wait!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I'M BUYING A 42" PLASMA FOR XBOX360 AND MADDEN

If you get a Samsung and let EA and Microsoft know, They could use you in a promo! Have fun.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

[quote=BOOKOO]Im curious to know who else is upgrading their system in anticipation of next gen consoles and the new and improved next gen Madden. I have a 53" projection downstairs. But I hear that since next gen gaming will support HDTV and will have super clear graphics I fear my 53" projection wont be able to take true advantage of the technological advancements of next generation gaming consoles.
QUOTE]

no wonder other countries hate us so much, jk. I personally am gonna keep my setup since the 360 games will support 1080i. I do not have a 720p tv and am happy about this feature.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I bought a far more humble 32" Samsung HDTV to go with my 360. I am also upgrading my Audio components. But if you look to the left you'll see why I would want to be a little more conservative. He gets whatever he needs first. I still can't wait for my 360. Somehow my priorities are changing; just a bit

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-15-2005, 06:51 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I bought a far more humble 32" Samsung HDTV to go with my 360. I am also upgrading my Audio components. But if you look to the left you'll see why I would want to be a little more conservative. He gets whatever he needs first. I still can't wait for my 360. Somehow my priorities are changing; just a bit
off topic: congrates, bro. i just had a lil' girl 3 months ago. best thing to ever happen to me!...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 07:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
off topic: congrates, bro. i just had a lil' girl 3 months ago. best thing to ever happen to me!...
dont mean to get off topic, but congrats, my wife and i just had a little girl a month ago and my son 19 months ago.

To get on topic, i plan on not upgrading just yet, i have a 30 inch hdtv that supports 1080i. I wonder what the games will look like using SVideo.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 06-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #7
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Thanks Guys. He's due October 12th. Back on topic: Spin your 30" does'nt have Component jacks?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Thanks Guys. He's due October 12th. Back on topic: Spin your 30" does'nt have Component jacks?
yes, it does, its a Phillips widescreen, why do u ask?

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »