Home

Running game blocking is very poor in MADDEN...

This is a discussion on Running game blocking is very poor in MADDEN... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #9
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Running game blocking is very poor in MADDEN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillmattic
That's funny seeing as how ESPN had to be one of THE worst playing football games I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

Brainless Madden fans miss out on exceptional features such as!:
*Terrible ball physics!
*Shoddy controls! Let's add this juke stick that is practically useless. If you hit the stick just at the right moment, and all the stars line up correctly, you just might gain an additional two yards.
* Terrible blocking A.I., talk about madden being bad, let's have it to where when you run the ball up the gut your fullback disregards the linebacker and makes an "L" cut straight fo the defensive end!
*Unrealistic player movements!: In between our exceptional tackle animations, let's have all the players move around like robots! How very appealing, and not annoying at all!
* Countless bugs and glitches!

And I could go on and on...

Seriously, ESPN had an outstanding tackling system, but outside of that there are no distinguishable traits that warrant a purchase. Just alot of good ideas that never reached they're full potential.
I stopped reading when you ripped the juke stick... If you had played ESPN longer than the 2 day rental Blockbuster allowed, then you would have figured out how to use it effectively. Figures...
Old 06-16-2005, 06:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic
I stopped reading when you ripped the juke stick... If you had played ESPN longer than the 2 day rental Blockbuster allowed, then you would have figured out how to use it effectively. Figures...
Man please, I OWNED the game. That stick was a piece of crap and you know it. But I guess ESPN fan boys are no where near as biased as Madden fans.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

here we go again, its time to move on, either buy madden 2006 or play espn 2005 or dont play or buy anything. no point in bringing up the flaws of each game, i think we all know them by now. We've seen and heard tons of this.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #12
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I own both and play both. And both of you are right! ESPN, actually all VC games are bug-fests. But dang, they look good. EA uses the Cartoon Network to build it's player models. But the games always work. Neither game really deserved the hyped up 9.0 scores they received. But they were cash cows. Now there's only Madden. Maybe Madden will finally get the running game right. I have seen glimpses of better blocking and running on the NCAA vids. I saw the "skinny" running animation that reminded me of 2k5. The back juke is a welcome addition; I still wish it was more varied like 2k5.

Point is this: now that my much beloved 2k5 is dead, I only have EA. The 360 vids look promising. Not the Body-by-Bud fat a** Eagles; the Shaun Alexander vid and screenshot. And I've seen some hope in the NCAA vids; enough to pre-order. I love football games. I've had my P.O.'ed at EA time. Now I have to get over it and hope. Can't we just all get along?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-16-2005, 06:51 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Man please, I OWNED the game. That stick was a piece of crap and you know it. But I guess ESPN fan boys are no where near as biased as Madden fans.
actually "Phill", that stick was the best idea any football game has ever had. it was so good, MADDEN 06 will put it in their game. the QB evade function was also a great idea. at first i didn't get the whole juke stick thing til i made myself go into practice mode for hours before entering another game. once i got the hang of it i find it hard not to use it. my favorite move is the hesitation move. when timed right, it's sweet seeing guys fly flat on their arsses!...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 06-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #14
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
My point exaclty... you had no idea what you were doing and assumed it was bad...
Old 06-16-2005, 07:10 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
actually "Phill", that stick was the best idea any football game has ever had. it was so good, MADDEN 06 will put it in their game. the QB evade function was also a great idea. at first i didn't get the whole juke stick thing til i made myself go into practice mode for hours before entering another game. once i got the hang of it i find it hard not to use it. my favorite move is the hesitation move. when timed right, it's sweet seeing guys fly flat on their arsses!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic
My point exaclty... you had no idea what you were doing and assumed it was bad...

Actually, "Whaa"... I could go on about what a good idea that was, but how it was poorly implemented but whatever.
Ok, so let's say that the juke stick worked for some people. So now ESPN is officially light years ahead of Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2005, 09:22 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Actually, "Whaa"... I could go on about what a good idea that was, but how it was poorly implemented but whatever.
Ok, so let's say that the juke stick worked for some people. So now ESPN is officially light years ahead of Madden?
Phill,

Was I a fan of the ESPN series? Yes. That series is gone now so as I stated, I am willing to give Madden a chance...again. This is not about being a fanboy and espousing the virtues of the ESPN series. There is only one game in town now so that is all that counts. As I stated, I love the running animations in the EA football games but that is about it. I have lowered my expectations as far as graphics because millions of Madden supporters have been ok with the inferior player models so who am I to complain? The common mantra from Madden supporters is that gameplay is all that counts. Well, as this thread suggests, there is a problem with the run blocking. It is obvious based on watching those Madden tournaments as well as the current crop of screenshots that the problem of unrealistic pocket formation and the 20 yard dropback is alive and well. Hence, my plea for help. What exactly should I look for from the Madden series. I am obviously missing something so I am just trying to get pointed in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »