Home

New presentation

This is a discussion on New presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13
New presentation

I really do not like the presentation for this year's game. It looks way too cartoony. The score bar at the top is really annoying. It reminds me of Fox Sports' presentation, which I hate. I liked it better the way it was before. I know this probably ain't an option but I hope you can switch it back in the options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2005, 01:31 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: New presentation

I hate to ask the obvious, but why can't EA give us some replays that we actually see on NFL broadcasts. In this day and age, is that really too much to ask? Sorry for being so negative, but man, another game sure spoiled me in that regard.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I hate to ask the obvious, but why can't EA give us some replays that we actually see on NFL broadcasts. In this day and age, is that really too much to ask? Sorry for being so negative, but man, another game sure spoiled me in that regard.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-30-2005, 08:18 AM   #4
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I agree, I thought it was a new presentation style but besides the draft picture it looked blah.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
I really do not like the presentation for this year's game. It looks way too cartoony. The score bar at the top is really annoying. It reminds me of Fox Sports' presentation, which I hate. I liked it better the way it was before. I know this probably ain't an option but I hope you can switch it back in the options.
I don't mind the Fox style presentation too much. I guess I've gotten used to seeing it on t.v. Although, I do remember when Fox started using that style, I totally hated it because I felt it blocked too much of the screen.

Of course, if I had my choice, I'd rather have the old school scorebox in the corner. My biggest disappointment (presentation-wise) is the way they show replays. They suck ***. I also do not like the new scoring drive window that pops up at the end of tds/fgs. It covers practically the whole screen with a black background. Who the hell needs to see that... (ok, I guess some people may like it). They should of just given us the option in the main menu area if we wanted to see the scoring drives... Instead, in typical EA style, they shove it down our throats without the option to turn it off. Bottomline, I agree they need to totally re-vamp the presentation aspect in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I don't mind the Fox style presentation too much. I guess I've gotten used to seeing it on t.v. Although, I do remember when Fox started using that style, I totally hated it because I felt it blocked too much of the screen.

Of course, if I had my choice, I'd rather have the old school scorebox in the corner. My biggest disappointment (presentation-wise) is the way they show replays. They suck ***. I also do not like the new scoring drive window that pops up at the end of tds/fgs. It covers practically the whole screen with a black background. Who the hell needs to see that... (ok, I guess some people may like it). They should of just given us the option in the main menu area if we wanted to see the scoring drives... Instead, in typical EA style, they shove it down our throats without the option to turn it off. Bottomline, I agree they need to totally re-vamp the presentation aspect in Madden.
Speaking of revamping, with the new ESPN license and 10 billion times the power (according to Microsoft and Sony), can't EA just mimic the typical ESPN braodcast with pre and post game analysis, halftime features, and the exact same graphics? Sure there may be people who hate the ESPN style, but at least it would more of "it's in the game."

Old 06-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #7
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Speaking of revamping, with the new ESPN license and 10 billion times the power (according to Microsoft and Sony), can't EA just mimic the typical ESPN braodcast with pre and post game analysis, halftime features, and the exact same graphics? Sure there may be people who hate the ESPN style, but at least it would more of "it's in the game."
The ESPN license doesn't go into affect until 2006...

Old 06-30-2005, 11:15 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt

I like the new presentation style, I've been wanting a FOX style for years...I agree however, there should be options for those who don't like it or want the old scorebox

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »