Home

Flame me now but most Madden fans expectations are too low

This is a discussion on Flame me now but most Madden fans expectations are too low within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #57
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Flame me now but most Madden fans expectations are too low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
mvp baseball...if tiburon had the same dedicatiion ea's baseball team did these threads wouldn't exist.
Different situation entirely. The Triple Play series sucked, and as a result was getting destroyed in the marketplace by the competition. Neither one of those statements applies to the Madden series.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #58
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

erv, you don't remember how HUGE the lefty homer bug was? or how easy it was to take a good pitcher into the 16th inning once you got timing down. been a long time since i've played either baseball game and we're talking about LAST YEAR'S VERSION (since we're talking about when the game drastically changed) so i'm sure i'm forgetting other things but those 2 were huge.

just remembered something else that made the current MVP much more playable... the first year was waaaay too focused on big plays on both offense and defense.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #59
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Different situation entirely. The Triple Play series sucked, and as a result was getting destroyed in the marketplace by the competition. Neither one of those statements applies to the Madden series.
what does triple play have anything to do with mvp's team working harder than the madden team?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #60
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
erv, you don't remember how HUGE the lefty homer bug was? or how easy it was to take a good pitcher into the 16th inning once you got timing down. been a long time since i've played either baseball game and we're talking about LAST YEAR'S VERSION (since we're talking about when the game drastically changed) so i'm sure i'm forgetting other things but those 2 were huge.

just remembered something else that made the current MVP much more playable... the first year was waaaay too focused on big plays on both offense and defense.
mvp fixes these things promptly. In madden 2006 you still will see linebackers jumping 10 feet, you'll still see runningbacks running in place, you'll still see the phychic db ai...we've asked for these things to be changed and they aren't.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #61
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Madden is an institution. The fun that Madden provides to both gamer and non-gamer beer buddies alike across the nation can't be measured in "new features"...That sometimes gets lost. The dudes in my neighborhood barbershop, the 40+ year old guys at my job, hell even my 63-year old father in law and his late 50-ish brother all love their football gaming experience just as much as I love mine, and they could give a crap less about cone passing, accurate pocket formation, tackling physics etc.

Of course, us cutting edge gamers want more, especially after some of the innovations 2k brought to the table...but I persanally can't hate on the joy the casual mass gets from EA Sports.

And I HATE Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 12:28 AM   #62
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
mvp fixes these things promptly. In madden 2006 you still will see linebackers jumping 10 feet, you'll still see runningbacks running in place, you'll still see the phychic db ai...we've asked for these things to be changed and they aren't.
Actually, the LB jump was relatively new to last years game, as was the jetpacking DB(the developers have even admitted to overdoing it last year) and they claim both have been fixed.

Plus, how do you know they aren't fixed, you haven't played the game yet.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Actually, the LB jump was relatively new to last years game, as was the jetpacking DB(the developers have even admitted to overdoing it last year) and they claim both have been fixed.

Plus, how do you know they aren't fixed, you haven't played the game yet.
So what are the benefit packages like at EA? Is the health insurance good? lol
Old 07-13-2005, 09:49 AM   #64
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
what does triple play have anything to do with mvp's team working harder than the madden team?
You responded to mgoblue's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
how many yearly sports franchises drastically change the game each year and aren't buggy?
by citing the MVP series (presumably as an example of a series that had undergone a drastic overhaul in the middle of a console cycle). I pointed out that it was unfair to compare that situation to Madden. EA dumped the Triple Play series in favor of the current MVP because Triple Play was generally conceded to be the worst baseball game on the market, and it's sales were poor. Madden is a different animal entirely, it is by far the market leader in terms of sales and acceptence by the gaming public.

Clear enough for you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »