Home

Superstar Mode

This is a discussion on Superstar Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 11:55 PM   #17
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Superstar Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
I would play it if only I could be a real NFL rookie like Pac Man Jones or Aaron Rodgers

What do I want to be a made up person for?
If you aren't allowed to import draft classes while using Superstar mode you could always be Matt Leinart.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #18
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpsJunkie
If you aren't allowed to import draft classes while using Superstar mode you could always be Matt Leinart.
But don't I have to start my superstar mode for this season...I keep seeing pictures of this years draft followed by the created superstar getting picked.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #19
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

I think you are correct from what I've read. It seems that when you start up Superstar Mode it will ask you if you want to create a player or import a Race for the Heisman guy. Then combine type drills including something similar to the test the draftees are given. After that the draft starts, but the rumors out there are that it is the 2005 draft. So whether you import a guy or create a guy, the mode wioll always start with the 2005 season.

Kinda odd if you are importing a guy from NCAA considering his last year of school will be like 2007 or 2008 and then you basically go back in time to 2005. But hey it's just a fun mode and is the first year for it, so it's going to have some weird stuff early on.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:19 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

It would kind of be cool to have Leinart in the 05 draft because it could have happened.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

IF...and this is just an IF....but IF SS is like this years RFTH I'm going to be dissapointed. In this years NCAA 2006, you can be your own player but youre still not truly an indivudual on a team. You still do all the playcalling, if youre a WR you can take the QB and throw to him every play, etc. If your player is an offensive player, you still control all the defense etc..so to me youre not really IN the game the way I think you should be or would like to be. I want to be a WR, and not control the defense or even the QB and when we are down 21-14 with 2 min left in the game I can step up and see if Im the go to guy...but thats not the case with this years NCAA so I dont know if thats gonna be the case with Madden. If its like NCAA outside of the extra stuff like contracts, being traded etc, the on field is the same as last year. You can make yourself last year in 2005 and throw him the ball eveyr play or if youre a RB call a running play every game just to rack up stats, what fun is that? I want to be a TRUE individual on a team with other people and only control my one player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 02:08 PM   #22
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
IF...and this is just an IF....but IF SS is like this years RFTH I'm going to be dissapointed. In this years NCAA 2006, you can be your own player but youre still not truly an indivudual on a team. You still do all the playcalling, if youre a WR you can take the QB and throw to him every play, etc. If your player is an offensive player, you still control all the defense etc..so to me youre not really IN the game the way I think you should be or would like to be. I want to be a WR, and not control the defense or even the QB and when we are down 21-14 with 2 min left in the game I can step up and see if Im the go to guy...but thats not the case with this years NCAA so I dont know if thats gonna be the case with Madden. If its like NCAA outside of the extra stuff like contracts, being traded etc, the on field is the same as last year. You can make yourself last year in 2005 and throw him the ball eveyr play or if youre a RB call a running play every game just to rack up stats, what fun is that? I want to be a TRUE individual on a team with other people and only control my one player.
Interesting idea. I like the sound of this, but I wonder how the average gamer would react to having that much control taken out of their hands.

I believe that RftH and SS mode are intended to be "Dynasty/Franchise Lite". They allow a player who doesn't want to deal with the complexities of running a program/team to still experience a campaign style of gameplay. Anyone who expects much more from this is probably going to be dissapointed.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #23
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

You dont HAVE to throw to your guy everytime, or run with your guy everytime.
If you want it to be more realistic why dont you just do coaches pick on defense and let the CPU control defense

Do the same for offense, and when a ball is thrown your way try to go catch it.

theres a solution for every problem.
Instead of complainging about it just try to figure out a way to make it fun for you.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #24
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenstWarrior
You dont HAVE to throw to your guy everytime, or run with your guy everytime.
If you want it to be more realistic why dont you just do coaches pick on defense and let the CPU control defense

Do the same for offense, and when a ball is thrown your way try to go catch it.

theres a solution for every problem.
Instead of complainging about it just try to figure out a way to make it fun for you.
Exactly, the QB -auto throw that happens when you snap the ball and don't touch the controller could come in handy if you were a Wide Reciever, as you can let the CPU do the QB and if he throws to your guy switch to him and try and make the catch. It's not perfect, but nothing is really perfect. Which is why I'm planning on being a CB or safety and then switching to watch mode whenever my offense is on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »