Home

Superstar Mode

This is a discussion on Superstar Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Superstar Mode

I want honest opinions out there....Who will even want to play this silly game mode? It sounds like a usual EA shiny object that they put into the game just to sell more copies, instead of deepening the franchise mode or presentation, which everyone agrees the game probably needs. If Superstar Mode was somehow linked or joined with the franchise mode, maybe I would consider....But I will not buy a football game to play a RPG-type game mode!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Superstar Mode

Honestly, I am going to at least try it before I pass judgement, and I'll probably end up sticking with it for at least one career.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #3
Rookie

From what i have read, Superstar mode sounds kinda cool. Just depends on how they get it implented. First off, I am gonna do RFTH in NCAA, then after my college career ends gonna import into Madden for superstar mode! I am a huge Vikings fan, I just hope I dont get drafted by the Green Bay Pukers!! That would kill me!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:22 PM   #4
Rookie

I can't wait to try it out... and I hope it isn't a shiny object. If it's any good, it'll be a lot of fun. If it sucks, I'll just move on to Franchise/Dynasty/whatever.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #5
MVP

Bird006's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNvikfan
From what i have read, Superstar mode sounds kinda cool. Just depends on how they get it implented. First off, I am gonna do RFTH in NCAA, then after my college career ends gonna import into Madden for superstar mode! I am a huge Vikings fan, I just hope I dont get drafted by the Green Bay Pukers!! That would kill me!
You can go to your agent and demand a trade, which is pretty cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni91
I want honest opinions out there....Who will even want to play this silly game mode? It sounds like a usual EA shiny object that they put into the game just to sell more copies, instead of deepening the franchise mode or presentation, which everyone agrees the game probably needs. If Superstar Mode was somehow linked or joined with the franchise mode, maybe I would consider....But I will not buy a football game to play a RPG-type game mode!
I would suggest that most everyone here at OS would probably agree with your assessment, but we as a group are not typical of the average person who plays Madden. It's a mass market product, and most of the people who play it are not hardcore football fanatics.

Personally I have little interest in either SS or RftH, but I'm convinced the mainstream Madden fans are going to love it.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:09 PM   #7
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

I'll play it for sure, I'm looking forward to importing my guy from RFTH. Will give a fresh breath of air to just playing good old Dynasty/Franchise mode.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 07-07-2005, 10:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

it's odd...seems most of the baseball gamers here at OS either love having a career mode (in MLB's case) or would like to have one in their game. most of teh football gamers, in stark contrast, seem to hate the idea now that they're getting it.
but shoot, I love that both Madden and NCAA will have it. I love that MLB has had a true career mode two years running, and finally making it to the Show was satisfying as hell, but it ain't gonna be nothin compared to when I can finally say goodbye to teh minors for good
franchise or career? in the true spirit of sports gaming, both!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »