Home

Madden signs new multi-year deal with EA

This is a discussion on Madden signs new multi-year deal with EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden signs new multi-year deal with EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
I'm glad to have Madden around, say what you want about him, but his commentary is the best of any NFL game I ever played.
Okay somone here is officially smoking crack. Madden commentary sounds like just some sound bites. Thats not even real commentary. He doesnt talk about players or plays are anything that really has to do with the game youre playing right now. I have to give the props to ESPN, thier commentary sounding like two people were really actually calling the game and you felt like they were really talking about the players on both teams in the game and not just some generic sound bytes. For one, Madden will never say players names in the game because hes too much of a prima donna to go into the booth and record himself saying all of the names. I could care less wether hes in the game or not. He puts me to sleep. He just needs to go back to doing ACE Hardware commercials.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 12:46 PM   #26
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
[madden]The team that scores the most points will most likely win the game[/madden]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
"When you use your last time-out, you don't have any left"
Ahh, Maddenisms. How about this one?

"When you run, you go faster."

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
You can have the game called Madden without using him to the extent that they have in the past. Like I said, I just want him out of the commentary box OR just have him talk when you choose the "ask madden" when youre playcalling. I dont care about tradition...its also tradition that some traditions are broken. (deep eh? lol). Like I said, you can put him back on the cover and plaster him all over the game, I dont care Im just tired of listening to his 1992 commentary lol. Give me Bommer, Tom Jackson, and Michael "the U" Irving and I would be good to go...then again things could turn for the worse if they had someone like Troy Aikman and Chris (i talk through my nose) Collinsworth doing the commentary... OH GOD NO!
Then the series must have really gone down the tubes in this department, 'cause I remember back in Madden '99 where he would actually comment on specific things that happened to specific players the previous year.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:04 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

wow, '99? takin it back a bit, huh goober? i turn the sound off so i have no idea if it's changed since '99 but my guess is it hasn't changed much... at all, as in the exact same sayings.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:04 PM   #29
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
I'm glad to have Madden around, say what you want about him, but his commentary is the best of any NFL game I ever played.
Exactly how many Nfl games have you played? because if you think this is the best,I would hate to see which you think is the worst.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-14-2005, 04:21 PM   #30
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Madden
"I am proud that we started to develop Madden Football twenty years ago. Each year our goal is to improve the game, and with EA, we have been able to do that."
Are you sure about that?
Iowa Hawkeyes (NCAA)
Minnesota Twins (MLB)
Tennessee Volunteers (NCAA)
Old 07-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #31
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Ahh, Maddenisms. How about this one?

"When you run, you go faster."

He seriously said that?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Exactly how many Nfl games have you played? because if you think this is the best,I would hate to see which you think is the worst.
All of them(thanks for asking ..........) and ESPN would be the worst with that whinny nazel voice from 2k5. NCAA would be the best but that is college football. Now that is big time football.

Last edited by Kelverin; 07-14-2005 at 07:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »