Home

Madden 2005-2006 is it in the Game ?

This is a discussion on Madden 2005-2006 is it in the Game ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Red face Madden 2005-2006 is it in the Game ?

Im not trying to start any trouble I would just like to ask a few of questions
about Madden 2005 /2006.
From what I've seen so far the Graphics(cartoon figures) , commentary(from the 90s) and gameplay wont change from 2005 to 2006 ???
Is this another rehash with updated rosters and a passing cone ?
Will the xbox 360 have at least better Graphics ( will they use it to its full potential) ?
I rented Madden 2005 xbox this week to get geared up for Madden 2006 and what a let down , I really like Coach Madden but man its like torture listening to him.
Last year was the first time I did'nt buy Madden since 1991 .
I think if companies are going to have a monopoly on a game they owe it to the gamers to make it the best game possible .(graphics ,presentation , gameplay !
would it really cost that much to totally revamp (graphics & commentary)in the game in 2006? when they paid all that money for the rights ?

Please tell me im wrong or is this what we have to look foward to for the next 5 years with a slight tweak and a new gimmac each year ?
I hope not , I really want to believe they will use the ESPN & NFL rights to its full potential ?
what do you think ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 2005-2006 is it in the Game ?

I think next year we should start to see some more usage of the ESPN and NFL rights. They will have plenty of time now to focus on what can be done with them. As far as gameplay and graphics go it probably won't receive an overhaul. Maybe a few tweaks and the occasional gimmick, but I think that's it. I just hope EA doesn't completely ignore the current gen gamers. I still want a game comparable to the one being played on the next gen consoles(obviously, graphics aside)
Old 07-14-2005, 12:59 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

I really hope so since they are the only True NFL game in town .
Its not like the 90s with little sprit players they need a overhaul into 2005 graphics and commentary I really dont have problem with the gameplay .
Its a shame they dont or wont use the updated tech thats out there !!!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:58 AM   #4
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd
Im not trying to start any trouble I would just like to ask a few of questions
about Madden 2005 /2006.
From what I've seen so far the Graphics(cartoon figures) , commentary(from the 90s) and gameplay wont change from 2005 to 2006 ???
Is this another rehash with updated rosters and a passing cone ?
Will the xbox 360 have at least better Graphics ( will they use it to its full potential) ?
I rented Madden 2005 xbox this week to get geared up for Madden 2006 and what a let down , I really like Coach Madden but man its like torture listening to him.
Last year was the first time I did'nt buy Madden since 1991 .
I think if companies are going to have a monopoly on a game they owe it to the gamers to make it the best game possible .(graphics ,presentation , gameplay !
would it really cost that much to totally revamp (graphics & commentary)in the game in 2006? when they paid all that money for the rights ?

Please tell me im wrong or is this what we have to look foward to for the next 5 years with a slight tweak and a new gimmac each year ?
I hope not , I really want to believe they will use the ESPN & NFL rights to its full potential ?
what do you think ?
Will Madden 06 fully use the potential of the Xbox 360? Not a chance. Name one launch game that did. It will look better. But yes, I'm afraid it will be a rehash with a passing cone and updated rosters. It's still just a port. EA just signed Madden to a multi-year deal, so he'll still be in the game. This signing has me wondering exactly what EA's plans for the ESPN license are.

EA doesn't owe you or anybody else anything. You always have the choice not to buy their game. Adn trust me, plenty of people do. They are going to stay on the path of their vision of what the game should be. You can't criticize them for much; they've sold millions of copies of Madden and have made billions of dollars on that one franchise alone.

Yes, it would cost that much to completely revamp the game engine. Normal development of a brand new engine is about two years. Do you want to go without any NFL game for that long? Too many people loo how much money EA has, but never realize the the sports division is just one of many. If EA is pulling in 3 billion a year, I can guarantee you they're spending close to that each year.

I am with you in the hope that the next gen Madden will make full use of the licenses it has acquired. The recent news on John Madden has dampened my hopes a little, but I'm still optimistic.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:14 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just want to know if the running game is complete garbage for the 10th straight year... Its complete crap, the animations and all... The side step is like your jumping over a 16 inch mud puddle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

That is one of the funniest lines that I have ever heard regarding Madden's super juke. LOL. That is just too funny. I totally agree. The gamers who thirst for a true football simulation were totally screwed when the exclusive rights deal happened. The running game is still pinball style. ESPN had the best simulation of the running game. You can see lineman engaged with the person that the are blocking and the running back can shove a lineman out of the way or even plow over a defender that's trying to tackle then while engaged in a block. That my friend is true football simulation. It's not going to happen in Madden because too many brain washed gamers are satisfied with this game. As long as they sell 3 billion copies, why would they change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebuds
I just want to know if the running game is complete garbage for the 10th straight year... Its complete crap, the animations and all... The side step is like your jumping over a 16 inch mud puddle
Old 07-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg21
That is one of the funniest lines that I have ever heard regarding Madden's super juke. LOL. That is just too funny. I totally agree. The gamers who thirst for a true football simulation were totally screwed when the exclusive rights deal happened. The running game is still pinball style. ESPN had the best simulation of the running game. You can see lineman engaged with the person that the are blocking and the running back can shove a lineman out of the way or even plow over a defender that's trying to tackle then while engaged in a block. That my friend is true football simulation. It's not going to happen in Madden because too many brain washed gamers are satisfied with this game. As long as they sell 3 billion copies, why would they change?
The running feels a lot more natural and you can follow your blockers in NCAA 2006, hopefully that transfers to Madden this year...
Old 07-14-2005, 01:38 PM   #8
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg21
The last sentence is exactly right. There are enough satisfied customers for EA not to change. Their goal isn't to please every individual person ho plays their game, but to sell as many copies as they possibly can. And year after year, EA accomplishes its goal. It has nothing to do with brain washed gamers. There are many people who love the game whether you do or not.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »