Home

**new Madden 2006 Info**

This is a discussion on **new Madden 2006 Info** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 05:43 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: **new Madden 2006 Info**

It looks like EA is gonna step up with '06. I dunno bout you guys, but Id like to see some more next-gen screens/vids.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #26
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Player interaction.

I'm all for Madden borrowing also, but I think one HUGE thing Madden needs to borrow is true player interaction ala NFL2K5. Until they do, the game will still have that feeling of "meh". I know in years past it was impossible to interrupt a tackle/break tackle animation in Madden. Maybe that's changed, but I haven't seen evidence of it in any of the videos so far. In the situation mentioned above w/Duece Staley, in 2K5 he might break one tackle but it you had a guy there he'd assist in bringing Duece down. In Madden, unless two players engage in some preset gang tackle, it's all one on one player interaction.

I like what EA did with NCAA this year; the open field running is really nice. But the lack of true player interaction really sticks out to me.
And for the love of god, please take out the mario running. It isn't just an annoying animation, it affects the games. I've gotten tackled in the back field because my running back just stops and runs in place when he hits an offensive lineman.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-14-2005, 06:11 PM   #27
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If that includes stick-butt running and the embarrasingly bad Suzy Kolber player interviews from 2k5, I'll pass.

EA, if you're listening-just stick to borrowing the good stuff.

Yeah the good stuff like 85% of the game.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:25 PM   #28
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

I really hope the truck stick doesn't dominate. There are definetly safeties and corners out there who can make some good hits on those big guys.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:37 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Who cares...seriosuly?

This wasn't in Madden 2005 so be happy its in Madden 2006.

Some of you guys act like certain game developers pay you for defending the game.
My check should be coming in any day now..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-15-2005, 12:30 PM   #30
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
If they would just steal 2k's visuals now and presentation, Id be a Madden fanboy. lol
Keep in mind that 2K had to steal pretty much everything there was in Madden in the first place.

Madden was like AT&T. They did all the hard work running phone lines all over the country, then other companies got to come in and use them for free and steal customers.

I applaud Madden's business sense by coming in and shutting off the welfare by ponying up and paying for the licensing rights.

I'd rather have 10 games to choose from, but EA made a smart business decision and I won't fault them for that.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #31
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
And for the love of god, please take out the mario running. It isn't just an annoying animation, it affects the games. I've gotten tackled in the back field because my running back just stops and runs in place when he hits an offensive lineman.
True, but it was better than than completely unrealistic herky-jerky nonsense in 2K, and I liked 2K5 a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 01:24 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
True, but it was better than than completely unrealistic herky-jerky nonsense in 2K5.
debatable... both of those are unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »