Home

Madden 2006 has copied 5 Espn2k5 features.

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 has copied 5 Espn2k5 features. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:56 PM   #49
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 2006 has copied 5 Espn2k5 features.

bottom line is this kid wanted a long *** thread with people arguing over 2k vs madden as usual. that was clear when i saw that he made this same thread in both forums. now this thread is 5 pages long so he got his wish.

as for coogr's comments, you are stretching it. i like the direction EA seems to be going in but part of the reason people say they never change is b/c even with their new features they're barely noticeable or useable or not necessary. you are right every time you write a long list of things EA has improved from year to year but in many cases the words in the post are longer than the intended impact is powerful. i think it's silly to say "same ole EA" right now b/c the things they are promising are geared toward more realism which is good. but if the game comes out and the things are poorly implemented or have minimal effect (see shoulder charge in NCAA) then meh.

I'm not saying that I'm holding my criticism and ready to bash. But just like people are wrong to thumb their nose at what EA is promising, it's also wrong to claim they've done so much. Neither is accurate until we play the game.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #50
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudiamonds1979
Instead of creating new features and living up to the expectations of being the only football game with the NFL liscense Madden 2006 jacked 5 features from ESPN 2k5. This is why this liscensing deal worries me.
1. ESPN= the crib / Madden= the masion
2. ESPN= Maximum passing /Madden Ball placement
3. ESPN = QB evade / Madden qb evade
4. ESPN = Step back juke / Madden step back juke
5. ESPN = Weekly prep/ Madden weekly prep

Check for yourself. All of these features were in ESPN 2k5. Come on Madden we're depending on you.
1. If you read the post he never bashes madden.
2. the crib, juke and weekly prep was bashed by madden players as a waste of space and time. That they could improve upon other things. Now Madden is the best and these features are great. Come on.. Look I'm a 2ker but last year at the end of the foorball season I was forced to buy madden. I do like the game alot now and I have no problem purchasing madden. I think though EA sports took alot away from us when they signed this deal because I really think that Espn had 1-2 good years and that game would've been almost perfect. That's a darn shame. Back to Madden I think this years game is looking great...
Old 07-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Instead of creating new features and living up to the expectations of being the only football game with the NFL liscense Madden 2006 jacked 5 features from ESPN 2k5. This is why this liscensing deal worries me.
looks pretty much like bashing the game to me. you could also check out the response in the locked thread in the 2k forum. i'm not one to defend madden, i have plenty of compaints with how EA has handled the title, but this crap has run its course... years ago. if the guy is really worried, i have to wonder if he buys games for some kind of rep or to play the best thing available. i'd also again have to wonder why he'd post this in both forums when its been talked about in other posts in a very civil manner. pretty much the way everyone here but him has considered this a good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudiamonds1979
1. ESPN= the crib / Madden= the masion
2. ESPN= Maximum passing /Madden Ball placement
3. ESPN = QB evade / Madden qb evade
4. ESPN = Step back juke / Madden step back juke
5. ESPN = Weekly prep/ Madden weekly prep

Check for yourself. All of these features were in ESPN 2k5. Come on Madden we're depending on you.
Man, when that 5 year liscene deal is over VC is screwed. Also I was kinda offended by this because the guys at VC worked hard for stuff like that, and all EA does is just buys out the NFL, closes the door in their face and steals what was theirs. I know it's all for the better, but I'd at least like fair competition between companies when it comes to games.

Last edited by ludacris06; 07-20-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:33 PM   #53
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

To quote wwharton:

Quote:
this crap has run its course
*LOCKED*
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »