Home

**New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

This is a discussion on **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
EA did say they would improve presentation but its all about game play for me. If you pay 50 bones for a game you have the right to expect more. I am looking forward to o line play this year.
Yes they said that, but once again didnt deliver. To me youd think refining and improving the gameplay and AI would take alot more effort than to fix the boring, dry, 5 year old presentation to the game, so if they are getting an A- to an A+ on the gameplay and AI stuff why dont they leave it alone now and bring that D- on the presenation at least up to a B.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 01:00 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Yes they said that, but once again didnt deliver. To me youd think refining and improving the gameplay and AI would take alot more effort than to fix the boring, dry, 5 year old presentation to the game, so if they are getting an A- to an A+ on the gameplay and AI stuff why dont they leave it alone now and bring that D- on the presenation at least up to a B.
I agree but its the only game in town. I am trying to stay positive.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey deejay!

Thanks for the find, but I don't think these videos are anything to get excited about. Same-old, same-old. Take off 2002 sticker, put on 2003 sticker…take off 2003 sticker, put on 2004 sticker…fast forward to 2005…well, you guys get it by now.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:20 PM   #28
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon14 Re: **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

Quote:
This man right here "gets it". Sure you will have people who dont care about that and ONLY care about the gameplay and AI. Then there are those of us who hold EA to a much higher standard. People wouldnt be so hard on EA if this was thier 2nd Madden ever. This is like Madden #15 or 16 now. Come on..its well beyond the point of no excuse for EA. Yes some things will change slightly but 95% of the game is recycled. Sure everyone recycles from the year before but good lord people after a while you have to wonder about EA. Flame me, doesnt matter, I dont care. I will have the game because there will be nothing else to take care of my console NFL fix for the next 5 or 6 years. So Im sorry if I choose to hold EA to a higher standard that the typical fanboy. I need more than improved gameplay and AI. EA is the big bad mighty multi million dollar machine...so they REALLY have no excuse.
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 1

"I before E except after C"
Old 07-19-2005, 02:04 PM   #30
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Then there are those of us who hold EA to a much higher standard.
Why would anyone hold EA to a higher standard with their track record of minimal updates/innovations. That being said, I actually like what I saw in the running game. There were a lot more holes to run into and it looked like I could get into the running game (for once in the Madden series). I hope that I am right.

As for the presentation, I haven't expected anything from them in years because I knew it will basically be the same. After the first few weeks the presentation wears off on me personally and I turn off all replays, skip halftime shows (2k5), etc. So it really doesn't matter to me.

Then we come to this vision cone thing. Nice idea, but it will be too complicated for my simple brain. I remember when Fever tried something like this and I couldn't get into it at all. I like the simple hike then pass to A, B, C, or whatever receiver. I think we can turn this off, so hopefully this shouldn't be an issue for me either.

The one thing I will miss most about 2k not being around is online play. I really think Madden is a good single player game, but I never found it to be fun during multi-player. It feels very arcadey when playing someone else, but this is a whole other discussion on to itself.

I am looking forward to this game and the Next Gen copy. Hopefully we will get two very good games to pass the time.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the game looks great. I got ESPN last year and loved it, but I'm impressed by this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 04:19 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

I've been having fun watching the videos... but did anyone notice on video # 7 about :29 sec. into the video Priest Holmes just gets pushed from behind by a CB and falls flat on his face!... Get outta here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »