Home

**New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

This is a discussion on **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 AM   #49
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe
OK.....

Madden ..Michaels ...ESPN
Same old......same old
Here we go again

Presentation ?...crowds cheering for the wrong team
Will we see Pass interference
Or helmets flying to the extreme

Player ratings...sliders to make the game fantastic
Who has the best
for sim play..Pared or Jistic

QB..Vision cone too light ..too dark
If Manning throws off the left foot
Does he miss his mark

Graphics..grass textures..wind and snow
Is this the best Madden ever
How should I know!

Old 07-21-2005, 10:09 AM   #50
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

I know about the current-gen Madden '06, but how much of this engine is going to be imported to the Xbox360 version? Didn't EA develop a new-engine for the next-gen?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:21 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
SOS. Same old ****. No more needs to be said.
Well, let’s be fair: SOS in a brand-new box and wrapper that people get to open so they think they’re getting a brand new game as well. That’s Madden 02-03 with flashlights on their helmets. And turn the wall of crowd-noise off (What is that anyway? EA’s way of uber-hyping the presentation to make you forget there’s really no presentation at all?) and you’ll see how horribly, horribly dull the game actually is. Ugh! Amazing that anyone would be interested in the slightest in rushing out to buy a roster update of Madden 05, and 04, and...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 10:25 AM   #52
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Well, let’s be fair: SOS in a brand-new box and wrapper that people get to open so they think they’re getting a brand new game as well. That’s Madden 02-03 with flashlights on their helmets. And turn the wall of crowd-noise off (What is that anyway? EA’s way of uber-hyping the presentation to make you forget there’s really no presentation at all?) and you’ll see how horribly, horribly dull the game actually is. Ugh! Amazing that anyone would be interested in the slightest in rushing out to buy a roster update of Madden 05, and 04, and...
You're entitled to your opinion. Im my opinion calling Madden 06 (or 05, 04, etc.) mere roster updates indicates that you didn't spend very much time with either game.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:25 AM   #53
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Even more amazing to me is that all these people post in the Madden forum about how much they hate the game. Yet, 90% of them will still buy it...
Old 07-21-2005, 10:50 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Even more amazing to me is that all these people post in the Madden forum about how much they hate the game. Yet, 90% of them will still buy it...
02 was the last Madden I bought new. I picked up a discount copy of 03 a couple of months before 04 came out, played it for maybe 3 days, then gave up on it. I’m sure there have been changes, but the overall appearance and non-presentation remains unchanged. Mind-numbingly dull and boring. Blech!

And no... no Madden 06 for me
Old 07-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
You're entitled to your opinion. Im my opinion calling Madden 06 (or 05, 04, etc.) mere roster updates indicates that you didn't spend very much time with either game.
True, but apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way. One of many posts, in just this thread alone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
This man right here "gets it". Sure you will have people who dont care about that and ONLY care about the gameplay and AI. Then there are those of us who hold EA to a much higher standard. People wouldnt be so hard on EA if this was thier 2nd Madden ever. This is like Madden #15 or 16 now. Come on..its well beyond the point of no excuse for EA. Yes some things will change slightly but 95% of the game is recycled... So Im sorry if I choose to hold EA to a higher standard... I need more than improved gameplay and AI. EA is the big bad mighty multi million dollar machine... so they REALLY have no excuse.
So there's much more to it than game play improvements for 06 – which, if I read the NCAA forums correctly, equates to 1000 yards passing per game, meaning Madden’s offense quite probably has undergo a similar “offensive overhaul”. Blackceasar said it all. EA has no interest in improving anything other than 5% of the game each year. The rest is recycled from their other versions… and it’s BAD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 11:24 AM   #56
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

People always looking for a reason to hate Madden.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »