Home

**New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

This is a discussion on **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #65
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I probably shouldn't have said 50%. But it's a significant part of the gaming experience IMO. If Madden on the 360 goes a whole new route with their player models and presentation, I'd have no problems giving it a try. But until then, no way I could play Madden 06. I'd be sick of the game after one day, tops. And I can tell just by looking at those videos. It's just that same-old listless and lifeless Madden thing -- horrible to look at and listen to. Blech.
Do you even play your games, or are you strictly a coach-mode "sit there and watch all the pretty cutscenes" kind of guy?

I just cannot comprehend abandoning a new game after a mere 10 minutes. You cannot call a game "the SOS" without actually playing the thing for a reasonable period of time and still maintain any credibility.

Last edited by coogrfan; 07-21-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
02 was the last Madden I bought new. I picked up a discount copy of 03 a couple of months before 04 came out, played it for maybe 3 days, then gave up on it. I’m sure there have been changes, but the overall appearance and non-presentation remains unchanged. Mind-numbingly dull and boring. Blech!

And no... no Madden 06 for me
Same here. I'll never pay full price for madden again. I'm always perplexed at why people continue to defend this game. How many years have people have been asking for gang tackles, new announcers, better graphics, etc. I wish people would stop attacking gamers who are trying to make this series better.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 11

I play and I coach. Just depends on what I'm feeling like that day. My gripe with EA is that youd think after 15+ years of being a big sucessful franchise they could actually put SERIOUS improvement into BOTH aspects of the game. Like I said, there is no excuse for EA to not be able to do that. If there is an excuse, I wish someone on this board would tell me because apparently some people respond to what I say as if there IS an excuse, so if there is please tell me what it is.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 6

How many years are we to be forced to listen to Madden's repetative and pathetic oneliners. I honestly can't take it anymore. That coupled with the fact that this engine is WAY outdated, leaves my only hope in NFL play this year with Madden on the 360.

And I pray EA actually does some serious work on that--and getting Madden's fat a** out of the booth would help a great deal.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:31 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I play and I coach. Just depends on what I'm feeling like that day. My gripe with EA is that youd think after 15+ years of being a big sucessful franchise they could actually put SERIOUS improvement into BOTH aspects of the game. Like I said, there is no excuse for EA to not be able to do that. If there is an excuse, I wish someone on this board would tell me because apparently some people respond to what I say as if there IS an excuse, so if there is please tell me what it is.

EA's excuse (and from a business aspect you can't blame them) is why inovate when minor tweaks still sell--and sell big time. Now with them having the market cornered you can expect the same game for another 4-5 years. And from a business standpoint, that makes sense. But sucks for us gamers.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:32 PM   #70
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

The excuse is obvious. If ppl buy this game up like its gods gift to video gamers, some smart man in a big office somewhere is thinking, "hey, I wonder if we keep production cost low and upgrades to a minmum, will they still pay full price for this game every year"? Unfortunatly, the answer to that is yes.

I'm not a business man by any means but if it works, it works and you cant knock EAs hustle. Thats all it is, a hustle.

Unlike many others who continue to complain and complain about EAs mediocore effords, I on the other hand have decided to take matters in my own hands. I'm currently attempting to develope a 2D basketball game from scratch using a program I got off the net. Sure, it wont be anywhere close to what a proffesional company could do but eventually, I'm going to school to learn how to make 3D games and.... **balls fist with shadow covering half of face**.... AND IF ALL GOES WELL, CREATE MY OWN DAMN SPORTS GAMES!!

And I'm serious as AIDS in africa. Who other than me knows what I want? Thats right, only me. So with that said, I plan on bumbing elbows with EA in the future. Sounds like a longshot? Shyte yea it is, but I'm not gonna lay down and let EA walk all over me anymore. Cant beat em, cant join em so theres no choice but to annihilate them!!!

Thanks to EA, I've decided to start my own revolution.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:36 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
The excuse is obvious. If ppl buy this game up like its gods gift to video gamers, some smart man in a big office somewhere is thinking, "hey, I wonder if we keep production cost low and upgrades to a minmum, will they still pay full price for this game every year"? Unfortunatly, the answer to that is yes.

I'm not a business man by any means but if it works, it works and you cant knock EAs hustle. Thats all it is, a hustle.

Unlike many others who continue to complain and complain about EAs mediocore effords, I on the other hand have decided to take matters in my own hands. I'm currently attempting to develope a 2D basketball game from scratch using a program I got off the net. Sure, it wont be anywhere close to what a proffesional company could do but eventually, I'm going to school to learn how to make 3D games and.... **balls fist with shadow covering half of face**.... AND IF ALL GOES WELL, CREATE MY OWN DAMN SPORTS GAMES!!

And I'm serious as AIDS in africa. Who other than me knows what I want? Thats right, only me. So with that said, I plan on bumbing elbows with EA in the future. Sounds like a longshot? Shyte yea it is, but I'm not gonna lay down and let EA walk all over me anymore. Cant beat em, cant join em so theres no choice but to annihilate them!!!

Thanks to EA, I've decided to start my own revolution.

Viva La Graphik Revolucion!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 01:45 PM   #72
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
The only answer I can concieve of is that they apparently haven't felt there was a large number of gamers who really cared that much about "presentation". I can't speak for anyone but myself and the folks I usually play, but in my experience elaborate cutscenes get watched once. After that, we skip thru them in order to get on with the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »