Home

Very long Madden 2006 Q & A by VG's Kobra !!!!

This is a discussion on Very long Madden 2006 Q & A by VG's Kobra !!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 12:10 PM   #9
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Very long Madden 2006 Q & A by VG's Kobra !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Even though the two quotes don't necessarily contradict, I'm still skeptical about the truck stick. I hope it's not over effective like the shoulder charge in 2k.
Yeah I hope its too effective, but he also stated that the runner will get tired after using the truck stick
Old 07-19-2005, 12:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Even though the two quotes don't necessarily contradict, I'm still skeptical about the truck stick. I hope it's not over effective like the shoulder charge in 2k.
the shoulder charge was'nt too effective to me all you had to do was increase the fumble slider and it kinda made all things equal
Old 07-19-2005, 01:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Q: Do you have info about presentation and franchise mode (especially "establish a gameplan")?

A: Presentation is not really that much different to be honest. A few added things such as offensive and defensive coordinators looking out the press box. New view camera view when the teams break the huddle. I guess EA worked with ABC Monday Night camera man adn added some new camera angles as the teams broke the huddle. Establish game plan is pretty cool feature. In a nutshell, it allows you to work on three of your opponent's plays and learn how defend to them in practice mode. The better you defend them, the better you will defend them come game if they are ran on you. What I like it about this feature is, say your buddies are playing a franchise, by week 5, you can get a pretty good idea what top 3 plays each of your friends like to run and learn how to defend them. That’s pretty sweet.

Q: Gang Tackles? Tell me there in there and tell me they're punishing.... please! I hate when on of my defenders has the ball carrier wrapped up and I come in for the kill with my second defender and he just bounces off the guy.

A: No not really. I didn't see any. I did try to truck stick 2 guys and once and they slammed me.

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA. I smell a slightly tweaked Madden 2005 with cone vision and a truck stick. Bah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA. I smell a slightly tweaked Madden 2005 with cone vision and a truck stick. Bah.
I hope you're wearing an asbestos suit...

... I actually like that "gameplan" feature. It's kinda like ESPN's V.I.P. but involving specific plays instead of tendencies.

I'm not sure how it will work though. How do you gameplan? Does anyone know?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:20 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

Still no gang-tackling? That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
If by that you mean "not redesigned from the ground up", I agree. Or perhaps you meant "it's not NFL 2k6 with a Madden label slapped on it". Again, I agree.

Read the preview again, and note the number of things that have been added or changed. To call this version "slightly tweaked" is both inaccurate and grossly unfair.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If by that you mean "not redesigned from the ground up", I agree. Or perhaps you meant "it's not NFL 2k6 with a Madden label slapped on it". Again, I agree.

Read the preview again, and note the number of things that have been added or changed. To call this version "slightly tweaked" is both inaccurate and grossly unfair.
Dude, I guess you just dont "get it" when I call it slightly tweaked. For me, Im happy with the gameplay and AI just the way it is. They could recycle THOSE aspects of the game for the next 2 or 3 years and I probably would be cool with it. So if for me that part is ok, I have to look at the OTHER HALF thats supposed to complete the package and make it an entertaining game. Last time I checked people play games for thier ENTERTAINMENT. I need to be entertained by a game for me to have any desire to play it and Im sorry and Im sure I speak for more than just me here but good AI and gamplay is only HALF of the entertainment value of Madden or ANY game for that matter. Heck, Pong has good gameplay although simplistic as it may be, but I dont play pong anymore because there is nothing else about it to further the entertainment value of it. So, for me, 2006 will just more than likely feel like a tweaked 2005. Sure they probably are going to make signifigant strides in the gameplay and AI dept...but like I said, for me, its fine as is, if they improve it, great, if they dont Im still fine with it. But the other half of it..the graphics engine and presentation and animations, that just gets "tweaked" every year. You cannot sit here and tell me it doesnt. I can play like 3 games of Madden before i have to put it down and take a break because by game 3 the entertainment value for me has diminished, then I come back the next day and its fun again. there is nothing there to "hold" me to the game outside of the AI and gameplay and like I said before, for me thats only HALF what I value as the entertianment value of Madden. By game 4 in a row I feel like im just "working" through my season and not really "experiencing" anything. And yes Im gonna say it, NFL 2k OWNS madden when it comes to the other half of the entertainment value of a football game. Yes Madden DOES have better gamplay but I think the gap madden had over 2k in the gamplay dept was a couple of yards distance whereas NFLk2 was MILES ahead of Madden in the graphics and presentation dept. There is no excuse for EA when it comes to this. Flame on brotha, i dont really care. When I crtisize madden, some people take it "personal" and they really shouldnt...I guess thats where the "fanboy" term came from. The reality is wether you want to hear it or not or acknowledge it or not is EA every year only gets ONE HALF of thier football game right, the other half the are either too lazy, or just dont know how to improve..and when I say iimprove I dont mean increase the polygon count by 5 and give me two new camera angles on replays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 01:49 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Guys, stop it. The game hasn't been released yet and already this NFL 2K vs Madden stuff is WAY out of hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »