Home

Very long Madden 2006 Q & A by VG's Kobra !!!!

This is a discussion on Very long Madden 2006 Q & A by VG's Kobra !!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Very long Madden 2006 Q & A by VG's Kobra !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
fanboyisms? Just pointing out to him that the debate is inevitable given we already know what to expect even if both games were still coming out with something. Check yourself.
First, please don't tell me to check myself.

All I'm stating is that if people constantly start arguements about Madden vs NFL 2K when Madden is released, the threads will be locked and/or that poster might take a vacation from the forums (although I don't have the final say in that regard).

That is it. Nothing more or less. Just stating from a Mod's point of view.

Maybe there's a miscommunication here since I'm not sure where you're coming from.

Last edited by mjb2124; 07-19-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 03:09 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Sliders don't work in all aspects of gameplay, ie online. No one should have to fumble with sliders anyway. There's none in GT4, Forza or GTR.

Agreed. Why don't other games have sliders.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11
S

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
EA has stated that the presentation will get an upgrade when the ESPN deal kicks in next year. Given those two facts, EA design decisions for Madden 06 make complete sense.
Dude, its all about next year lol!. With EA its all about "next year" Hey can we get gang tackles? NEXT YEAR. Hey can we see a different graphics engine from you guys? This one is about 6 years old now "Next year, we are waiting for the next gen!" Hey when are you guys going to actually put some real presentation into the freakin game?? "next year, when the ESPN deal kicks in". Man all I see from EA is excuses. Sooooo what if EA never got the ESPN deal? I guess we would just be seeing the same tired, boring, monotone, 5 times recycled presentation? Why are they putting it on "ESPN"? The fact remains that EA could have vastly improved thier tired presentation long before the ESPN deal. As a matter of fact they dont NEED the ESPN deal to improve thier presentation. Once again, EA is dodging tough questions and making LAME excuses.

I'm going to make a prediction here for when the ESPN deal kicks in. Please quote me and make it a sticky. WHEN THE ESPN DEAL KICKS IN, YOURE GONNA SEE THE SAME STUFF YOU SEE RIGHT NOW WITH ESPN OVERLAYS AND MAYBE 3D MODELS OF SOME ESPN PERSONALITIES. OUTSIDE OF THAT MADDEN IS GONNA STILL BE CALLING THE GAME WITH HIS RECYCLED DIALOUGE FROM 2001 AND BEFORE. YOU ARE GOING TO SEE THE SAME REPLAY TYPES, PRETTY MUCH THE SAME HALFTIME SHOW BUT MAYBE WITH A 3D MODEL OR TWO OF AN ESPN PERSON, POST GAME CELEBRATIONS WILL BE THE SAME, ETC ETC. QUOTE ME ON IT!

I dont understand where the blind loyalty to EA comes from with some people. I just dont get it. Here I am, someone who HAS given EA the benefit of the doubt but refuses to anymore. They have dropped the ball with recycling certain boring aspects of thier game way too many times for me to believe "next year" will be the year they finally really do something. If i were a bank, and EA was a person wanting to borrow money, do you think id loan it to them? nope. Id check thier credit and see how many times they have failed to deliver in the past and deny them for a loan. I dont see why some people still blindly buy into the BS, and the "go arounds" and the "i cant discuss that" responses in these interviews and Q & A sessions.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
This years Madden appears to me to be focused primarily on gameplay. sense.
LOL.. thats what they focus on every year. I guess you stick with what you know how to do and gloss over the things you are incapable of doing. I just wish EA would say "we focus on gameplay every year because outside of that, we really arent that great". If they would admit that (because thats what it looks like every year) I would have some respect for the company.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
First, please don't tell me to check myself.

Maybe there's a miscommunication here since I'm not sure where you're coming from.
There was miscommunication and you first attempted to put me in check. If it's a mod point of view then let it come from a mod. I've been put in place by a mod on here for doing the very thing you've done.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
There was miscommunication and you first attempted to put me in check. If it's a mod point of view then let it come from a mod. I've been put in place by a mod on here for doing the very thing you've done.
I am a Mod. Hence the green title. Admins are Red, Donators are blue.

This is why I stated the 2K vs Madden arguments need to stop.

PS - No I didn't try to put you in check and was never referring to you when I made my initial post regarding people stopping the 2K vs Madden war. I was just pointing out that the 2K vs Madden stuff needed to stop.

Last edited by mjb2124; 07-19-2005 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:45 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
I am a Mod. Hence the green title. Admins are Red, Donators are blue.

This is why I stated the 2K vs Madden arguments need to stop.

PS - No I didn't try to put you in check and was never referring to you when I made my initial post regarding people stopping the 2K vs Madden war. I was just pointing out that the 2K vs Madden stuff needed to stop.
Well... h-e-double hockey sticks. :y4: I gotta laugh at myself for this one.

btw- it was the fanboyisms posts I was referring to--hence our miscommunication.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 03:52 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Well... h-e-double hockey sticks. :y4: I gotta laugh at myself for this one.

btw- it was the fanboyisms posts I was referring to--hence our miscommunication.
Well, we'll call this a double miscommunication then because I was a little confused as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »