Home

EA here's another Way "Vision & Percision"

This is a discussion on EA here's another Way "Vision & Percision" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 04:23 PM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA here's another Way "Vision & Percision"

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I think as an old fart like me, I can see the difference from a stationary Icon and magnified pulsating one.
I'm sure you could, but for the sake of convenience the qb's field of vision needs to be as obvious as possible. The "flashlight" achieves that goal better than pulsing icons could.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm sure you could, but for the sake of convenience the qb's field of vision needs to be as obvious as possible. The "flashlight" achieves that goal better than pulsing icons could.
Or perhaps for the sake of pleasing people who don't have the attention span to learn a "harder" system?

I agree with backbreaker, there are plenty of intuitive ways they could have implemented QB Vision without the flashlight. For now, though, I'll take what we are getting because it is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by pfunk880; 07-21-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

I hope EA expand on vision by making it Dynamic. I like the idea that its based on awarness and a host of other attributes, thats a good starting point. The cone should change based on the how well the QB is performing i.e. Let's say Manning pretty much has the whole field at the begining of the season game # 1. 1st quarter he's doing well as far as completions go lets say 3 for 6 no ints pretty good, so his cone stays the same. 2nd quarter he goes 7 for 16 and 2 ints now his field of vision should decrease. Manning comes out of halftime with some adjustments fairs well for 6min into the 3rd qt. his vision increases, but not to his maximum. On his next drive we are still in the 3rdqt he throws and interception and it decreases again and so on.

With the new weekly prep in franchise or drills if we are allowed to use them throughout the week, He gets into the film room run some drills and looks good in practice he has a great week and it increases. But, the only way he can get his maximum back is accurarcy and no ints.

Thats how dynamic I want Vision, if possible from play to play or quarter to quarter all season long and throughout a franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 09:23 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

The fact that a reciever may be on the sweet spot of anyones cone just aint right.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:38 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Backbreaker,

I like your idea.

I too posted an alternative to the flashlight a while back. The first part is similar to yours, but instead of pulsating icons, regular icons show only over the heads of available receivers. As the QB scans the field, the receivers in his line of vision are made available. Similar to the flashlight, the better the QB, the more WRs he has in his line of sight. That covers what the QB and offensive human player see.

For the defense, though they could also see what receivers are availble, what they really should be looking at is the QB. So as the QB scans the field, his head and shoulders turn.

Same mechanics as the flashlight system, but with no extra stuff on the screen. In fact, less icons at times since the QB won't see all receivers at all times.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:30 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Call me crazy, but i kind of liked how MS did the Read 'n Lead passing in the Fever series. I think it was a little more wide open.

Either way, the QB vision is gonna be hard as hell and I think it will add a whole new element to the Madden Challenge.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:57 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Is that true? Gawd dam those control freaks at EA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's sort of true, but misleading. What he's refering to is "scramble mode". When you snap the ball, all of the eligible receivers will have icons, even the ones not in the vision cone. Once they have completed their assigned routes, they will go into scramble mode and the icons of the receivers not in the cone will disappear. The rationale is that as long as they're running their assigned routes the qb will have a general idea of where they should be. But once they start improvising, the qb has to actually be looking at them in order to throw them the ball.
Thanks for the clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Backbreaker,

I like your idea.

I too posted an alternative to the flashlight a while back. The first part is similar to yours, but instead of pulsating icons, regular icons show only over the heads of available receivers. As the QB scans the field, the receivers in his line of vision are made available. Similar to the flashlight, the better the QB, the more WRs he has in his line of sight. That covers what the QB and offensive human player see.

For the defense, though they could also see what receivers are availble, what they really should be looking at is the QB. So as the QB scans the field, his head and shoulders turn.

Same mechanics as the flashlight system, but with no extra stuff on the screen. In fact, less icons at times since the QB won't see all receivers at all times.
but the cone doesn't stop you from passing to players outside of the zone, just lowers the chance of the passes being completed. i think this is how it should be b/c the Harrison's of the world should be able to adjust their routes to get to some bad passes, the more accurate qbs that don't have great vision should be able to complete SOME of the passes attempted just outside of the cone and, the biggest problem with this one imo, limiting the QB to only make these passes means the QB would never throw a bad pass meaning ints would only come from throwing into zones or double coverage, etc. i think the last couple of years games have accounted for qbs just making bad passes sometimes which is great and the vision cone seems to take the randomness out of it which is even better.

btw, these ideas seem very similar to what they are doing minus the "flashlight" so i don't get the problem here? are people afraid the game will be called arcadish b/c of this "flashlight"? why isn't it enough to just have a feature that makes the game feel more realistic, no matter how it looks on the field, especially if it's not going to take away from gameplay in any way?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »