Home

Madden for 360

This is a discussion on Madden for 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #25
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden for 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock_11
To maximize use of a hard-drive for one thing. Pathetic PS3 launching without a hard-drive is idiotic. I don't believe that EA is going to allow Sony to drag them down any longer (graphics, no hdd) because EA can't afford it. I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about craftsmanship. They own all things football now, and they can't ignore utilizing technology to it's fullest extent without becoming the laughingstock of the entire industry. The new engine will be on display in Madden 360...it's stupid to think otherwise.
Wait a minute. Do you seriously believe that any software maker is more concerned about craftsmanship than sales?

As for the rest of this little screed, it reads like something straight off of an Xbox fan site. You'll have to excuse me for not accepting it at face value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #26
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I haven't done much research in the theory of the PS3 being so much more powerful but what I've heard from reliable sources is that it just isn't true. Take that for what its worth, 3rd party info, but either way I think the theory of that having something to do with how the game will be ported is a bit off. I think the reasoning for the port from the PS2 to the xbox had something to do with a relationship with Sony and also the fact that the PS2 came out first. Again, don't have any facts to support that thought but it makes more sense to me. The PS2 launch was huge and EA wanted Madden to be there with every purchase of a "next gen console" so it would only make sense for the same to be true now.

I would think no matter what's correct or incorrect from the past, it's more likely that the PS3 will be a ported version from the 360. If there's any merit to these other thoughts that probably won't show until next year when the game is launched for both consoles at the same time but this year it wouldn't be a smart business move to short change the first big title on a new console when it's launched.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:44 PM   #27
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
To maximize use of a hard-drive for one thing. Pathetic PS3 launching without a hard-drive is idiotic. I don't believe that EA is going to allow Sony to drag them down any longer (graphics, no hdd) because EA can't afford it. I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about craftsmanship. They own all things football now, and they can't ignore utilizing technology to it's fullest extent without becoming the laughingstock of the entire industry. The new engine will be on display in Madden 360...it's stupid to think otherwise.
XBox consumers may get screwed again because of the "optional" PS3 harddrive. The 2k series utilized the Xbox HDD even though the PS2 didn't, but I doubt EA would want to ruin its long relationship with Sony. As I stated early, I think they will have to port from 360 to PS3, but they will keep the PS3's limitation in mind.

Before my use of the word "limitation" turns into a 360 vs. PS3 battle, I am only talking about the hard drive being optional here. I know how touchy some people can get around here
Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Wait a minute. Do you seriously believe that any software maker is more concerned about craftsmanship than sales?

As for the rest of this little screed, it reads like something straight off of an Xbox fan site. You'll have to excuse me for not accepting it at face value.
No offense my man, but everything you post reads like it's straight off an EA fan site.

What's that saying, something about a pot calling a kettle black?

Old 07-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

What proof do you have that EA will do anything other than ports. No vids of gameplay, surely not based on past experience. I sure hope I am wrong b/c I am going to buy 360 on the first day.

You guys are giving EA props, this from a company who would rather spend ungoldly hundreds of millions on exclusive licenses rather than just having the confidence to spend the money internally to fend off smaller rivals (2k).

Sony outsells xbox 5 to 1 here. That is music to EAs ears. They have always focused on the sales leader. Always. I hope I am wrong.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #30
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman321
What proof do you have that EA will do anything other than ports. No vids of gameplay, surely not based on past experience. I sure hope I am wrong b/c I am going to buy 360 on the first day.

You guys are giving EA props, this from a company who would rather spend ungoldly hundreds of millions on exclusive licenses rather than just having the confidence to spend the money internally to fend off smaller rivals (2k).

Sony outsells xbox 5 to 1 here. That is music to EAs ears. They have always focused on the sales leader. Always. I hope I am wrong.
That's what I base my specualtion on. I figure that once the next-gen is in full swing, that there will be only 1 engine for Madden, not an engine based on the 360 AND an engine based on the PS3. Next, I figure the system that will receive the port will be the system projected to sell less units, etc. From a "projecting" standpoint, that system would be 360, even though it will debut sooner.

I'm honestly confused about which console will be more powerful, but I am going out on a limb and "guessing" that Madden will in fact have a new look/engine or whatever on 360 this year, but that they will also have a new engine for MAdden 2007 based on the PS3 and port that to 360. And THAT engine - the Madden 2007 engine - is the one I would expect to see around for pretty much the duration of the next gen.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 07-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #31
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
we'll see...I guess it really all depends on how good the PS3 will be. Will it be a case of Sony dragging them down or will PS3 be as/more powerful than 360?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I believe that the 360 version will be a dumbed-down version of the xbox/PS2 games.
lol funny but are you serious? LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »