Home

Bears VS Lions (POTD).............

This is a discussion on Bears VS Lions (POTD)............. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #41
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Bears VS Lions (POTD).............

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I wasn't talking to you in the first place. And this isn't just a problem because of the guy blitzing, every year ea says that they've gotten rid of the 15 yard drop back and people believe them and then when the game comes out it's still in. I don't know why you continue to believe what they say.
well the drop back 15 yards is sure still there, and I really don't care who say's it isn't there, even if it's the guy's from all the Madden sites, even if they know it's there they won't say it is anyway, "Why you ask" cause umm hello EA just gave them a free copy, and there site is there to praise madden not say anything bad about the game no matter what. Mood I just think there is somthing in the game engine they won't mess with to fix this issue, so ofcourse there going to say it's gone, well until you play it yourself and find out there were lieing again.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #42
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Right and I can't remember what thread but someone at madden planet said there was no dropback issues. There is a 3 minute video in Practice mode and everyplay he dropped back 15 yards. The ball was almost intercepted or batted down 95% of the time. Now to your point about ea giving them the game to give it praise. this is very true because if you look closely they always throw into double coverage or something like that. They miss the checkdown man (HB,FB) If I find it you should watch it..
Old 07-29-2005, 09:11 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
... I wonder if they could have two separate game modes, one arcade and the other sim. For them to be truly different they'd need two game engines, but I think that might be possible. In ESPN NFL 2K4 (with Sapp on the cover) first person football supposedly used a different engine than the regular game, which is why you couldn't go back and forth between 1st and 3rd person in that year.
Yeah I had an idea similar to that, they could release a double disc a la Gran Turismo 1 & 2
Old 07-31-2005, 07:08 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

The Idiot on the Bears (keep in mind playing as the Bears makes you an idiot by default)

Blitzed every single freaking down. This left every WR in single coverage, and the TE open on his routes.

It also didn't look like those passes were being completed very easy either. Poor Joey was just barely getting the ball out of his hands, which in turn fluttered over to Marcus Pollard who had to make an effort to catch it, who then ran like the wind in open field. Half the time Joey was getting sacked or passes swatted. Every time he had a guy right in his grill.

If ..like...any kind of zone coverage was called and that crap pass was made, it is taken back for six.

I saw a video of a guy using mobile QB's and dropping back 15-20 yards and throwing with no pressure into real coverages. Only 5% of the time the pass was a completetion.

Now, if you got one idiot who blitzes every single down, he is going to get burned every few plays, which is what happened in that IGN newb video.

A good player knows how many steps to drop back for a route to develop
and few, if any routes are designed past 7 steps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »