Home

20 Yard Dropback Gone From The Game

This is a discussion on 20 Yard Dropback Gone From The Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: 20 Yard Dropback Gone From The Game

uhh, what was that supposed to prove again??

it seems as if by dropping back that far, your protection will still hold up just fine, it just seems that you were throwing it right to the center of the field where the 2 safeties were, or you were throwing it long to a wideout that was covered by the safety and corner. i mean each time, there was a back in a mismatch that coulda been exploited, or a TE in the same situation. the only time the O-Line seemed to not hold up as long was with vick, but with dante and mcnabb, the line seemed to give you all the time youd need, and probably if you woulda stuck with the play long enough, instead of throwing it to the center of the defense where 4 defenders were, then the back would have broke completely free from the LB and have been wide open.

all that vid did was show that you cant throw deep every time and have it completed, but that was the case last year since Tiburon intoduced the high jumping defenders.

Last edited by the_jared; 07-28-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_jared
uhh, what was that supposed to prove again??

it seems as if by dropping back that far, your protection will still hold up just fine, it just seems that you were throwing it right to the center of the field where the 2 safeties were, or you were throwing it long to a wideout that was covered by the safety and corner. i mean each time, there was a back in a mismatch that coulda been exploited, or a TE in the same situation. the only time the O-Line seemed to not hold up as long was with vick, but with dante and mcnabb, the line seemed to give you all the time youd need, and probably if you woulda stuck with the play long enough, instead of throwing it to the center of the defense where 4 defenders were, then the back would have broke completely free from the LB and have been wide open.

all that vid did was show that you cant throw deep every time and have it completed, but that was the case last year since Tiburon intoduced the high jumping defenders.
I agree with you, just next time don't be so condescending. They are doing us a favor by making a video like that, no need to knock their effort. It would have been better if he was legitimately trying to make completions and also not keying in on one wideout, but its better then nothing. Especially since on All-American in NCAA 2006, many of those throws would have been completed, so thats a definite plus.

Last edited by Mossfan8480; 07-28-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:09 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

I saw better pass defense in the videos than ncaa but at the same time , no one watching those videos believes the player was actually trying to complete a pass. Even the player himself would admit that if he is honest. What worrries me is the floater, not the bullet. I didnt see any true floaters on that video, and I was hoping to see those get eaten up. Hopefully they will make more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 03:15 AM   #12
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

he also wasnt using precision passes that much.. I only saw the icon a few times ,he was chucking it.. But it does show players cant heave it anymore.. And heavers are cheesers.. if someones good cool.. I like playing them.. losing to lob throwing cheesers is not cool.. good vid thanks guys
Old 07-29-2005, 03:19 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
he also wasnt using precision passes that much.. I only saw the icon a few times ,he was chucking it.. But it does show players cant heave it anymore.. And heavers are cheesers.. if someones good cool.. I like playing them.. losing to lob throwing cheesers is not cool.. good vid thanks guys
the vid is just to demonstrate it. Take it for what its worth, but dont take some other vid as finality on the issue in the same manner. Weve all been playing it, and you're not going to get anywhere dropping back too far with a QB playing on All-Madden. You learn that pretty quick lol...
Old 07-29-2005, 07:03 AM   #14
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I was just wondering if most of you who complain about cheesers online play ranked games? And if you do, what do you expect?

I like to play a cheese free game as well, considering I only have time to squeeze in 1 game a day if I am lucky. But I only play ranked games against gamers I have played before. I refuse to play a ranked game against some random gamer because you never know what you will get.

If you play straight up sim and you oponnent does as well, you will not have to worry about many of the glitches (especially the 20 yard drop back) in today's sports games. When you are playing the computer, that could be a different story though if it is a major flaw in a game.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:40 AM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Well after watching that QB drop back video, The player wasn't even trying to complete those pass he was just throwing them just to throw them. I wan't to see the QBdrop back in game, not pratice. I'm still not convinced. Plus through out the whole video he was sacked a few times, but he still droped back 15 yards being untouched half the video. So go figure.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 07-29-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 09:08 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

I haven't played Madden that much in the last couple of years but I have played 06 for a few hours. On default, which is pro, I think, you can drop back 20 yards, throw the ball while falling backwards, and still throw the ball 60 yards in the air. On All-Madden I haven't been able to do that. First of all, if you face the opposite goal line, your vision cone disappears. If you try to turn around and throw the ball while still falling back, the ball will not travel that far. If you try to sprint backwards, turn around and then step up, you will not get the pass off. On a halfback pass, the running back does have a vision cone. The Bus has a wider vision cone than Big Ben, but it's very short. (That just doesn't sound right!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »