Home

Huge Flaw in Madden 2006?

This is a discussion on Huge Flaw in Madden 2006? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 06:45 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Huge Flaw in Madden 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troller
Thanks for lending credibility to my post by breaking it down, paragraph by paragraph. You think there is no problem, and I do. I guess we agree to disagree. If you think something is "insane" I suggest not investing time reading it, re-reading it, posting about it, and getting upset. To do that would represent behavior that someone might consider.....well, insane.
My hypocrisy knows no bounds.

-------------

Has anyone with the game tried running a normal curl route, and compare it to the lobbed curl routes sucess rate as a controll group?

What are the sizes of the WR's being thrown a lobbed curl route.
What ar the size of the DB's covering them

What are the exact coverages being used against the extact plays being run.

What is the accuracy rating of the Qb throwing the ball.
What is the awareness and jump of the DB on the WR
What is the jump of the WR

If this ends up being nothing more than a Qb that is good at throwing the ball, throwing nice lob passes to a 6'1'' WR covered by a 5"10 CB. Then , I kind of expect that the WR is going to catch the freaking ball.

But I often used the curl route in madden 2005 when I wanted a sure fire first down against man coverage anyway. So this lob curl would have to dominate zone, man, double, all kinds of coverage for me to even consider it any differnent than a normal one. And frankly, I like the idea of being able to lob a pass up to the 6 foot 5 inch Mike Williams over a 5'11 Defensive back

That is why the Lions drafted the guy in the first place. It's why teams out a premium on tall Wr's. It's why 5'10 guys are a dime a dozen in the NFL.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:51 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 1

If you call Rex Grossman(very much below average in real life and madden) to Bobby Wade(5'10, 192lbs, and stones for hands) a lethal combination deserving of multiple completions repeated up and down the field, then you might have something there. Yes, R.Grossman to Bobby Wade was used as a test of this potential problem. Look out for the Bears this year, lol j/k.

Last edited by Troller; 07-31-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:00 PM   #131
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Holy crap I can't believe this thread is still drawing this much attention and over what?

Some he said but didn't say but later was found to be this or that geez whats going on here? The guy Fredsmooth21 came here and said what he said and then left after some kinda damage control post.

Maybe he saw something we didn't apparently so if he had his hands on the game before alot of us here,he posted his observations and findings and made some comments about it...sadly the message was somehow taken as some kind of omen and up to this point nothing in the sense of someone actually playing and posting findings here has appeared.

I'm also noticing that alot of new members are reading this stuff and are not reading the entire post to formulate any type of reasonable or logical response...which is why I posted the comments I did earlier in this thread.

Bottom line is this guys..."Don't Believe The Hype"...buy the game for yourself and use your own best judgement to see what it does or doesn't do for you and then come here and post some legitament point of view or finding that may or may help guys here resolve the issue/problem.

This thread has gone south in feeding into whats turning out to be a thread filled with a lot of unknown and unfounded facts and mis-interpeted statements and comments and if I were in charge here I'd close this thread because I said this type of thing would happen and escalate into now what has become a thread running on hype, heres say, and speculation.

This thread was doomed from day one and its worse now because the phoebeia of buying the game has been seen as an exercise in futility.

The strong points of this site has always been its community efforts and harmonious individuals who don't buy into such findings until found to be otherwise.

I believe such individuals exsist here and are rational,intelligent,reasonable people who have chosen not to post such statements because they will only fuel and lead to this kind of paranoia.

In saying that I propose that we let this go until the game has been found to be otherwise and if so start from that point of a known variable not statements and postings that serve no purpose other then to cause these kind of threads which benifit no one at this point and have caused certain individuals to now reframe from even making the purchase of the game and its not even out yet absolutly amazing and all this from three words.

We're an audience of mature men here and ladies if viewing this post,mature individuals don't think,rationalize and respond in situtions that bear stress or difficulties no they don't, most find solutions and reasons for such occurences and respond accordingly not by panic and post of doom and despair.

Lets just chill here and keep it civial,nothings set in stone guys and this really isn't that big of an issue if you're looking at the bigger picture...we're a minority of individuals on a web site getting paronoid about what was said and reinterpeted then re-said again by blah,blah,blah...give it a break or at least wait until the game hits the stores and one more thing when you purchase the game...don't forget to play and have fun after all it is a past time and hobby we all enjoy so wait for the release and have fun first its not as bad as this thread makes it out to be.

This is ridiculous and wwharton I'm surprise you'd even bother to buy into this propaganda you're as old and mature as I am this just doesn't fit your style...this he said but didn't mean it that way bad choice of words written in double talk blah,blah,blah this stuff is just too weird and crazy to even bother buying into here...I'm going to wait for the game bro and so should you, you're a smart guy wwharton can't you see whats happing here?

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
I agree with Rickster101, can one of the moderators please close the thread down as soon as possible. The well has run dry!

Thanks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #132
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troller
There is no doubt Fredsmooth's tone has changed on the subject. When first discovered, he semed very frustrated and ticked off that it was there. The tone has changed now to that of it's basically not that big of a deal. It seems that he is trying to walk a fine line with the readers at madden nation and his support of the game and EA's support of the website. He is in a difficult position trying to protect/hype/ the game and at the same time maintain his credibility. I don't envy his position except the fact that he is one of the few who actually has the game and truly knows the extent of the problem. Conflicting statements come from someone who is in a conflict. Fredsmooth wants EA's backing while at the same time he knows he will get torn a new one if members continually ask about things and his answers do not match what thousands are about to find out, when the game is released on the 9th. Like a said, a tough position to be in.

Well said but in a sense he's a victim of his own success and the position he's in is of his own doing.

He's a leader of sorts and thus has to bear the burden of responsibility and in doing so should have been more careful as not to disturb or upset the fans anywhere particularly on a world wide web site.

You don't run into a crowed theater yelling "Fire" and expect people to remain calm and collective. I have held such jobs and positions where what you say and do is a direct reflection of you actions and how people precive you to be.

In doing what he has some serious creditability issues may be on the horizon not because he posted what he did but perhaps in not choosing to reframe from having it misread as a omen of doom and posting it before release which by this thread may have swayed some serious dollars away and turned off Madden fans who read such postings he should have waited perhaps and see how the masses respond first after all in business as I understand it the customer is always right...so they say and no customers of a significant group or group of individuals other then his associates have made or posted said comments so we should all reframe from this paronoia and do what should have been done in the first place...buy the game yourself and make up your "Own" mind.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 07-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #133
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I agree with Rickster101, can one of the moderators please close the thread down as soon as possible. The well has run dry!
No problem!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »