Home

Huge Flaw in Madden 2006?

This is a discussion on Huge Flaw in Madden 2006? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #65
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Huge Flaw in Madden 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan
Let me get this straight anytime you use maximum action passing on a fly pattern and you push forward on the joystick to throw the ball infront of a receiver that the computer can't stop that pass? The receiver your saying jetpacks to the ball?
That's what I don't understand.

Is this in regular passing mode or a different mode? Maximum action passing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2005, 08:16 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
That's what I don't understand.

Is this in regular passing mode or a different mode? Maximum action passing?

Max Action passing lets you direct where you throw the pass.
You can lob it up, throw it to the left shoulder, the right shoulder. Basically, what you could do with a real football throwing to a real person. Place the pass.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
I dropped my QB accuracy to 25% and bumped up the CPU's awareness to 60% and knockdowns to 75% and I'm not dropping bombs on the CPU at a 70% clip. Either I suck or I truly have one of the magic copies EA sent out.
I don't want this to become an NCAA thread, so please try and stay on topic.
When I said 70% that was without sliders, even with sliders it was happening way too often.

Bill Abner should have Madden 2006 for the PC come mid-week and he is usually brutally honest with his impressions and reviews. So, we should have some more information regarding the jetpack catch verse the computer soon.

Fred, I also find there to be an inconsistency in what you have wrote. When you first mentioned this issue you said, "ok this "jet pack" animation is definitely there and its damn easy to do ." Now you say, "play it yourself and see what happens. you may not even be able to pull it off".

Old 07-30-2005, 08:22 PM   #68
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I don't want this to become an NCAA thread, so please try and stay on topic.
I agree. Let's do that....
Old 07-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihategeeks
This entire thread is halarious.

One person reads something by another person, overeacts, creates a panic, until the guy who said it has to come clear it up,

and even after it is cleared up, the person who started the panic by reading what that guy said, still questions the guy he got the information from in the first place...

Jezzz.

Guy #1 The sun will explode in 5 billion years
Guy #2 OMFG THE WORLD IS GOING TO END, I NEED TO TELL EVERYONE
Guy #1 No no, it's not a problem, we even have plently of time to leave the solar system before it happens.
Guy #2, Pshhh, what do YOU Know anyway.
The reason for this is because of the certain inconsistencies found in Fred's comments when compared to his orginal statements. One example of this is shown in my previous post.

Last edited by Mossfan8480; 07-30-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #70
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsmooth21
christ, this thread is long. And this issue is way overblown. Someone says that I shouldnt mention that this was found? I actually didnt. Someone pointed it out in one of the videos I posted. I believe it was the mike vick video. So i told them what the animation does (agressive catch feature) and how its hard to stop. Then from that people got "huge flaw" in the game. lol. I never used those words or said it was even a flaw. Calling this a flaw is one's opinion on this.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. After testing it can be stopped, you just have to call the right defenses. In a lab sessions with Kobra from VG last night he was consistently stopping it using bump and run and shading to the inside. If he didnt stop it called a offensive PI.

SOmeone said i probably regret posting about this whole thing. No.....i really dont. Why? Because thats the reason EA gives us the games, to post feedback and give impressions. I'm a fan of the game like you guys, i'm not going to lie or hide something in the game. Then if I did and you guys found this later you'd think we aren't credible sources. I dont sugar coat anything when it comes to these games, and EA has told us not to.

Anyways, you all need to relax and stop thinking this is a flaw in the game. If i was a mod here i'd close this thread since its obviously been beaten to death.

I forgot to add that the only people really affected by this are people who. 1. don't know how to play football using Xs and Os. 2. Rely on the computer to do everything for them.
So let me get this straight and I'm one of those guys who even though not worried am a bit concerned.

They sent you or your site a copy of the game you guys reviewed it and found some gameplaying issues particularly the one posted in this thread and they told you not to hold anything back...thats a good thing,they are from what I'm gathering here aware of this gameplay issue and I'm hoping you pointed this out to them right?

Now with that said you mean that despite the fact that you guys found this and brought it to their attention they're going to release it anyway after your extensive testings back up with data and game playing experiences they're still going to release a product with such issues?

Man that totally sucks if they know this problem/issue exsit have sent early releases to various gaming sites for feedback telling you guys not to hold anything back and not doing anything about it to address the issues with this info is somewhat irresponsible on their part don't you think?

So it sounds like they've a chance or opportunity to fix this before release but have chosen to remain silent,that makes no sense when you guys I assumed told them of this and they did nothing?

Then what was the point of having an early viewing to catch such issues and improve the game via reviews and not take action...thats what causes people to question their motives and testing procedures...they've got to do a better job with their testing and not leave it up to sites to find these issues for them.

Come to think of it you may have brought this to their attention and they just didn't respond accordingly which is why I'm suspect now about their final testing and release policys...if its not ready or complete I'd rather have a late release if thats the case and let them get it right...if they're aware of any such problems.

Thanks again for the heads up I only wished EA would have paid more attention to you or your associates findings that way alot of grief could have been saved on this topic.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 07-30-2005, 08:27 PM   #71
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480

The thing about this solution Fred is that the computer can not do this to you; so basically it eliminates the whole aspect of lobbing the ball to your receiver while playing the computer. Also many people will not know of this technique and I would feel pretty cheap using the lob against them as it’s virtually a money play (or am I wrong?). My question is what do you do against a team such as the Oakland Raiders who have two tall receivers who can jump high (Randy Moss and Jerry Porter who is 6'2 with a 91 jump)? From how it sounds it’s pretty hard to do in order to stop one guy, let alone two.
So with this flaw, you can't do it against the computer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #72
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihategeeks
Max Action passing lets you direct where you throw the pass.
You can lob it up, throw it to the left shoulder, the right shoulder. Basically, what you could do with a real football throwing to a real person. Place the pass.
Thanks.

This eliminates me then from worrying then, ( if we even have to worry.) Because I won't play max action.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »