Home

Huge Flaw in Madden 2006?

This is a discussion on Huge Flaw in Madden 2006? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 07:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Huge Flaw in Madden 2006?

It appears, after reading what Fredsmooth said and others have seen on numerous videos of games, that Madden will once again ship with a giant flaw in its gameplay.

For those of you that have not heard what the problem is, here is what Fred said;

"20 yard dropback shouldnt be an issue this year. whats going to be an issue is what we talked about on the radio show tonight, which is that animation where the CPU does a jetpack animation for you. Its tough to stop. we labbed with it online earlier tonight. Youc ould send 3 guys in zone on that one WR and it couldnt be stopped a lot of the time."

"ok this "jet pack" animation is definitely there and its damn easy to do. You just throw the ball high and the CPU will do the animation for you. Marcus from MM and I tested it. I'd tell him, what WR i was going to. He'd try dime, nickel quater, shading inside, and manually took his safety or DB. It worked, rarely. Most of the time the WR caught it. He could be surrounded by 3 guys andn they couldnt stop it. Even when he was there manually for some reason the ball would just go above him and the wr would catch. Its pretty lethal on curls because the wr jumps. I havent figured out a way to stop it consistently.

BTW, it doesnt really matter how good your WR was. I was doing it with Mushin Muhammed, and he got injured and Justin Gage was just as effective. I could do it to the other side of the field as well and Bobby Wade, who sucks, would make the catch all the time."

After some comments back to me and others that we should stop complaining and that the Jetpack animation was in Madden 2004; here is how I replied.

Please take the time out of your day to read this and reply back, letting me know what you think. Thank you.

Well, considering that the jetpack in Madden 2004 required at least a minimal amount of skill and required the user to actually try to be cheap, it is vastly different then the one found in Madden 2006. Now, the computer will automatically do it for you if you push up on the left stick while throwing the ball. There is no skill required to do this and if you don't want to be cheap you have to consciously avoid using up when precision passing, which is ridiculous as it completely elements an element of the game.

Stop letting Electronic “Arts” get away with things like this by just accepting it and moving on. A flaw as big and easy to spot as this should not be acceptable when determining if it can be released to the public for $50; especially a company as big and rich as Electronic Arts. It says something about a company and its priorities when they release a faulty product to its customers with no sign of a fix in the future until next year when they release a sequel to the game in which customers have to pay fifty more dollars to remove the flaw that should not have been there in the first place.

Its funny that they go by the name of Electronic "Arts" because I know of no "true artist" who would sacrifice his/her work to make money. People are forgetting that video games were once an art form like books, music, and painting. It appears that time is coming to a close as companies like Electronic “Arts” are creating games like salesmen and not like artists.

I ask you to find me a writer who would release a book missing a chapter or release a sonnet in which the couplet is incorrectly worded so that they can make that extra $50,000 while at the same time degrade their artwork instead of postponing the release of the work and fixing it. If you do find one, he/she is not an artist, no not one bit, they my friends are a con-artist.

It appears that for quite some time, Electronic “Arts” has been making false promises to its customers and fan base, relying solely on its past history when they were once artists who made games for the love it and not for the money that goes with it. It’s a shame that the competition no longer exists due to Electronic “Arts” emptying their wallets in to the NFL’s pockets and not their hearts into an NFL football game. As long as people want to remain apathetic to it and let Electronic “Arts” get away with their savagery of the video game art form, nothing will happen.

The people who run these video game websites and who have the opportunity to speak to these “artists” should also be ashamed of themselves because they refuse to ask the tough questions and year in and year out hype up games that don’t deserve it and give tremendous scores to games with tremendously flaws. These websites and magazines have the power to make change because of the amount of people that they reach, yet for some reason, they refuse to restore order to the art form they claim to love and allow these “artists” to get away with releasing unfinished and unimproved video games. Stop the apathy, and take a stand against these con-artists, or what you love might soon become what you hate.

"The true artist has no public; he works for the sheer joy of it, with an element of playfulness, of casualness. Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by Mossfan8480; 07-30-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Huge Flaw in Madden 2006?

I don't think this will effect me at all, I do not play online.

I'll play 06 before I decide whether or not there's already any bugs.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:57 PM   #3
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

that's f'd up if the goddamn deep ball glitch is in this too. This is what I feared all along with this exclusive business. since they have this liscence they have an obligation to remove this flaw, regardless if it pressed or not.

Last edited by Erv; 07-29-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Here's a radical notion:why don't we all just wait until we actually have a chance to play the game ourselves before we start with the hand wringing and hair-pulling?

If this is the game-killer you say it is, it will still be there 10 days from now. Until then, just relax.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Here's a radical notion:why don't we all just wait until we actually have a chance to play the game ourselves before we start with the hand wringing and hair-pulling?

If this is the game-killer you say it is, it will still be there 10 days from now. Until then, just relax.

Won't it be too late to do anything about it after you buy it? That doesn't seem like a very good idea........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 08:27 PM   #6
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Every game is going to have a flaw. No game is ever gonna be perfect. If it was why would they continue making them?
Old 07-29-2005, 08:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

From what I've read this flaw is nowhere near as big a deal as you are making it out to be. Wait until you play the game.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:42 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

I just went over to Madden nation and read the posts from Fred smooth who has been playing the game for a week and mostly hyping it and even he said it was a big deal. Im not sure what your reading, but the guy who has the game and has tested more than anyone said you can do it with any reciever and it is lmost unstoppable unless you use hit stick at just the right time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »