Home

Madden 06 Forum FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING)

This is a discussion on Madden 06 Forum FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Madden 06 Forum FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING)

This post should answer some of the most Frequently Asked Questions about Madden 06. Since we'd like to keep the repeat posts down over the next few weeks, don't be surprised if your post is locked and you are directed to this FAQ. Instead of multiple threads all asking the same question, we'd like to keep the forum open to more discussion.

Where's the Beta?
We are still expecting it. We have not recieved it. We will let y'all know as soon as we do. Believe me, we are as excited to get the beta as you are. However, we just don't know when that will be.

Remember - once we get the beta, we will focus on gameplay questions. That means no questions about uniforms, shoes, stadiums, player ratings, team ratings, etc. You can check that out for yourself when you get the game. Our aim is to help people make an informed purchase, and if your purchase of the game depends on shoe color or a player rating ..... we just can't help you there.

When's it coming out?
Unfortunately, no one here can read the future. All sorts of crazy things happen with game releases - early releases, late releases, certain stores getting it before others, FedEx packages being lost, etc. However, we at OS have been through the release cycle many times, and can give our best guess based on how things usually work.

EBGames and Gamestop both show a ship date of 8/8/2005. "Ship date" means what it sounds like - it is the day that the game ships. If you have ordered online from them, this is the day it ships to your house. After that, it depends on how you had it shipped - if it ships the 8th, Overnight means you should get it the 9th, 2nd day the 10th, etc. This "ship date" is also the date it ships to stores. It is shipped overnight to the EB and Gamestop locations, and should be in stock early the morning of the 9th. Some ambitious managers have been known (with major releases) to drive to the airport to meet the shipment, and have the game in stock late the night it ships. If your store is one of these, it would be in stock late the evening of the 8th. Only your local store knows for sure, so call them.

If you are buying from a mass-market retailer? Like Target, Best Buy, or Circuit City? Expect it later that week - probably the 10th/11th, but it will depend on the location.

All release date speculation is contained in one sticky. Use it.

I got it early!
No you didn't. Every year a few trolls come along that will claim they got the game early, and field questions. They are just pathetic specimens who are starved for attention.

If the game is actually out early, we'll know. If not, and you claim to have it, you will have to prove it to the staff before being allowed to make that claim on the boards. We will not be the site of your hoax.

OK. I didn't get it early. But I have all the player/team ratings!
Again, people like to make up stuff to stir up controversy and draw attention to themselves. Just like having the game, you will need to "prove" your source to the Staff.

Where can I get a roster?
Please don't post in this forum looking for rosters. We have an Madden Football Rosters Forum just for that purpose. Check it out and you'll see threads for the status of various roster files.

I got a roster, how do I use it?
Again, we have a Madden Football Rosters Forum just for that purpose. Check out the Action Replay/X-Port/Sharkport FAQ - Version 2. It's a bit out of date, but it should get you up and running.

Wanna join my league? Anyone have a league I can join?
With online play for both the Xbox and the Ps2 this year, there are sure to be many leagues. Please don't clutter up this forum with posts about various leagues - use the Madden Football Online Forum . That's what it's there for.

Should I buy it for Xbox or the PS2?
Hard to say, but don't expect everyone here to know your needs. If you plan to play online, buy it on the same console most of your friends are. If that's not an issue, consider how important the various controllers are to you, and your needs for Memory Cards, etc.

Socks, Uniforms, Stadiums, And Other Graphical Trivia
Someopne will complain about shoe color. Someone will complain about sock length. Someone will complain about a missing hot dog stand in Stadium X.

If you can't stand these posts, try to avoid them. If you are making these posts - prepare to be met with flames. And expect that the threads will get locked if they turn into constant flamewars. The fact is, most gamers here are far more concerned with gameplay than with graphical trivia.

Last edited by Sully; 08-02-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 06 Forum FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING)

that answers my questions
Old 08-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Talking Re: Madden 06 Forum FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
I got it early!
No you didn't. Every year a few trolls come along that will claim they got the game early, and field questions. They are just pathetic specimens who are starved for attention.
Yes I did!

(RE Sully's Avatar: We should've traded Wagner! Fire Ed Wade!)
Old 10-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: Madden 06 Forum FAQ (READ THIS BEFORE POSTING)

In case you guys haven't realized it yet, we'd prefer if you kept all Madden 360 screenshots in the sticky thread at the top of this forum. Thanks.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »