Home

Why do most people think 360's Madden will be a downgrade in gameplay?

This is a discussion on Why do most people think 360's Madden will be a downgrade in gameplay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #17
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why do most people think 360's Madden will be a downgrade in gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles167
Think about the first Madden for the PS2 it was beautiful, but played awful.
I don't remember it playing awful. Either way, it was a definite improvement over the Playstation version, both graphically and gameplay wise.

I haven't been a big fan of Madden for the last 2-3 years, but I can't believe the Next Gen version won't play better than the current.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #18
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Because people like to assume, and think they know everything, when really, they haven't a clue what they're talking about...
Exactly. I don't see how anyone could argue that the PlayStation 1 version of Madden 2000 was better than the PlayStation 2's Madden 2001, come on.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-05-2005, 02:04 PM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
If anyone was willing to believe EA could pull this off, a nice array of gameplay vids would of surfaced by now. But only 3 months away and nada.
The fact that I haven't seen a video this late does make me wonder. But I think the delay is at least partly due to their desire to sell the current generation game. Let's see what happens once '06 drops.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #20
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Rutledge
go play madden 2001 on ps1, then play madden 2001 on ps2. the ps1 product was superior in terms of features and gameplay. the ps2 product had better graphics.

we're just going off of what happened the last time a new generation of consoles came out.
I'd doubt that, would anyone list reasons or facts backing that up? I didn't play Madden 2001 on PS1 do I don't know. I did play Madden 2000 on PS1 about 4 days ago with a friend and it was GAWD AWFUL.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #21
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

I keep telling peopel to wait until more pics and vids come out. But, as you can see, people like to trash and bash for the fun of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

They will be the same game, You guys are severley mislead into believing that the 360 is gonna be some sort of new godsend to gaming, even the current Pcs that were out last year are more powerful then the Xbox 360 and
I dont wanna bust any peoples bubbles but the only thing is slightly improved graphics thats is if and a big IF you have a HDTV. This isnt like the PS1 era were we had basicly a 2d machine jumping to the 3d Playstation 2 now that was a big difference, the difference here is gonna be real minnimal since we are not talking about much of a visual jump at all. Ea and lots of other gaming companies are using preanimated cg graphics in many of the videos you see on TV dont be fooled now!
Old 08-05-2005, 02:59 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Real simple EA has NEVER been about Gameplay. After something like 15 years of Madden. The AI should be able to do a tap dance on our head. Heck no EA is still into MARIO running and gimmicks like this years SUPERSTAR please. I will eat nine miles of bacon strips if EA shifts its focus to gameplay.
It will never happen.
^^^ This is classic. But very very true.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles167
When a new system comes out, they rush games to market. This is a known fact. The games are normally amazing in terms of graphics but full of bugs and issues.

Think about the first Madden for the PS2 it was beautiful, but played awful. The first few months of games on a new platform rarely offer any worthwhile games.

Yeah there will be a few, but after shelling out a few hundred dollars, a few isnt enough.
The first Madden for ps2 was beautiful? When has madden ever been beautiful on any system, let alone jagged crazed ps2? Even for the time it was released, Madden has always been ugly as sin.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »