Home

Old 08-05-2005, 11:15 PM   #9
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: IGN Review

sounds like the little cry baby who wrote the review is having trouble with the new vision/precision feature, we'll that's how it is in real life. The one thing I agree with him on is that im very disappointed by the lack of new animations, especially tackle animations. I could have sworn EA said there would be gang tackles this year.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #10
TIm
MVP

That review kindof pissed me off. I'm not a madden player normally but we know the story this year. I played madden 05 a little last year and enjoyed the heck out of it. But this freaking reviewer was downright horrible. Everything he said was pretty much negative. But all the negatives were. Passing game is too hard, not right, theres too many steps. Man come on isn't that what we want in a game. how about turning those features off and play normal passing. He didn't like the defense because not much has changed. HELLO HOW MUCH MORE can you put in there. It has everything. Didn't mention anything about the running. The guy said the graphics were a 80!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO the power is maxed out whether you like the graphics or not.. Another not on the passing, this should help out alot from people who just chuck the ball up and get the bomb. This guy probably goes online and uses the same play so this is why he gave madden a mediocre score.. He didn't mention anything about the kick/punt return game. Not too much of AI..I could go on and on. I will judge this game for myself obviously..
Old 08-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm slightly peeved that the cone gives the draw play away. That's uncalled for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2005, 11:30 PM   #12
TIm
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHill
I'm slightly peeved that the cone gives the draw play away. That's uncalled for.
The guys at madden nation said that this is actually a good feature. The camera pulls back like it's a pass then you take the draw.. I agree with the review about the annimations.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:34 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Ye but the cone is always facing the way the running play is supposed to go. That's the impression I got from the reviewer.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #14
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Where'd they dig this guy up from? This sentence kills me....
Quote:
Why take a sublime series like this one and try something so drastically different that it can make or break Bobby Consumer's opinion of the game as soon as he begins playing it?
"Bobby Consumer" can just turn the damn Vision Passing off if he does'nt like it can't he? So why spend so much of your time bitching about the casual gamer not liking a new feature....just say, "Vision Passing can be turned off for those who are'nt into the more sim side of things" and be done with it.

Seriously....EA does something truely innovative with the gameplay for once, and he's telling them to stop because of "Bobby Consumer"??? Lousy job on that review IMHO.

Last edited by Shamrock_11; 08-05-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
That review kindof pissed me off. I'm not a madden player normally but we know the story this year. I played madden 05 a little last year and enjoyed the heck out of it. But this freaking reviewer was downright horrible. Everything he said was pretty much negative. But all the negatives were. Passing game is too hard, not right, theres too many steps. Man come on isn't that what we want in a game. how about turning those features off and play normal passing. He didn't like the defense because not much has changed. HELLO HOW MUCH MORE can you put in there. It has everything. Didn't mention anything about the running. The guy said the graphics were a 80!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO the power is maxed out whether you like the graphics or not.. Another not on the passing, this should help out alot from people who just chuck the ball up and get the bomb. This guy probably goes online and uses the same play so this is why he gave madden a mediocre score.. He didn't mention anything about the kick/punt return game. Not too much of AI..I could go on and on. I will judge this game for myself obviously..
The power in the graphics department are not maxed out, so lets not get that twisted
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #16
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

my only question is, who is Ed Lewis and Ledanian Tomlinson?

I know Ed Reed and Ladanian Tomlinson

his credibility for me went right out the window with those 2 mistakes.

no true football fan would make mistakes like that in an editorial review about a football product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »