Home

Old 08-06-2005, 01:48 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: IGN Review

bah bah, quit gettin all mad, wait and see for YOURSELF.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:49 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
A guy over at MaddenNation.com, called ACBate$ who has the game said this:

ACBate$ -
Read the review, it's b.s. in my opinion. Anyone with a familiarity with IGN knows they were always on ESPN's jock. I wanna pull a couple of quotes out of this review and point out how off they are:
Typical "madden gamer" response. Check out the nba2k5 bash/review.

It's a no win battle really..
Old 08-06-2005, 01:51 AM   #59
Banned

Who cares with and find out then complain or cheer simple AS dat.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:51 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj7298419
Pretty good review IMO. I wasn't surprised by any of the reviewers problems with this years installment of the game. NCAA 06 and ESPN 05 both look better graphically than this years Madden which says a whole lot.

As for the QB vision thingy, i'm gonna take the "wait and see" approach and see for myself if this mode is legit or not. But a real good friend of mines works at a local Gamestop and told me that he's played the game quite a few times since the store got it and he stressed to me that it is EXTREMELY hard to get off a good pass when someone decides to blitz (And my friend has been playing Madden for years and he is what you would consider a hardcore gamer). There is just no way you can make the reads necessary to complete a good pass when you have to move the cone all over the place while being blitzed. I totally agree with what someone else in this thread said about playing online with this QB vision thing. Pretty much everyone online brings the heat, therefore the number of sacks online for Madden gamers will skyrocket.

The only thing that i'm shocked at is how defensive some of you guys get when a person gives Madden just a little bit of a critical review. As soon as u see someone putting down Madden just a little, u question his credibility. Remember how everyone clearly saw that NCAA had problems with too many deep balls being completed? As usual, people started getting all defensive when threads kept popping up saying that the deep balls were going to be a problem. And sure enough, the deep balls in NCAA has been one of the most frustrating aspects of the game since everyone online abuses it by just heaving the ball up in the air 50 or 60 yards whenever they need a quick touchdown. Just like everyone else in here, I can only hope that what the reviewer said was wrong since we don't have a choice anymore as to what NFL game we play.

Here's to August 9th
Craig gave the game an 8.8, which is a good score. He also said the game was "great". The problem is not with the score it is with his lackluster written review, the part that few people actually read. Most people just read the closing comments and scores, not the whole thing. I don't care if he gave it a 10, the written part was terrible and it reflected more like a 7.8 then an 8.8.

By the way, Craig also reviewed NCAA 2006 and gave it a 9.3. There was no mention of the deep ball problem, lackluster AI, or running back ability. So take that for what it's worth.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #61
Banned

Because it is 7.8 everyone know that IGN give hyped games these types of ratings
8.7-9.0- bad game, totally overhyped
9.1-9.3- good, I'll spend 50 bucks
9.4-9.6- Get it as soon as it's out
9.7-10- BUY ON EBAY SOON, IN FACT NOW, IT'S A EPIC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Typical "madden gamer" response. Check out the nba2k5 bash/review.

It's a no win battle really..
LOL, I agree with you. I just felt it would be beneficial to post someone else's viewpoint on the review who has the game.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron 4 MVP
Because it is 7.8 everyone know that IGN give hyped games these types of ratings
8.7-9.0- bad game, totally overhyped
9.1-9.3- good, I'll spend 50 bucks
9.4-9.6- Get it as soon as it's out
9.7-10- BUY ON EBAY SOON, IN FACT NOW, IT'S A EPIC
Actually it's an 8.8. But like I have said it means nothing because the guy's written review was flawed.

By the way, IGN has given games 9.1-10 which were over hyped and bad. They also have done the exact opposite. Stop basing whether to buy a game or not on a score.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:57 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2
Exclamation Re: IGN Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE, DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN ALL THE NEGATIVE HOOP LA OVER THIS REVIEW..........REMEMBER ONE THING ABOUT IGN THEY HAVE ALWAYS LIKED THE 2K SERIES OF ARCADE LIKE FOOTBALL ....SO WHEN MADDEN IN 05 WENT TO MORE OF A "CASUAL" GAMER APPROACH TO THE GAME THEY LOVED AND THE NON-SPORT GAME SUPER TECMO BOWL CRY BABYS LOVED IT......NO THAT EA IS MAKING PEOPLE THINK AND SEE HOW HARD IT IS TO PLAY QB IN REAL LIFE EVERYBODY IS CRYING ABOUT IT.......I JUST HOPE THAT WHEN YOU PLAY ONLINE AND YOU HAVE FAIR PLAY RULES THAT YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY WITH THE "PASSING CONES" ON.....SO NOW WE WILL SE THE REAL MADDEN PLAYERS FROM THE BABYS........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »