Home

I love playing as the Bears, but I love trying to build up Cleveland

This is a discussion on I love playing as the Bears, but I love trying to build up Cleveland within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
I love playing as the Bears, but I love trying to build up Cleveland

Has anyone else done this other than myself?

What I do in previous installments of Madden is normally start a franchise with my favorite team (da Bears). But along with controlling the Bears, I would also have control of a team in the other conference. Normally a team thats not so great, and needs a ton of improvements.

i.e. Cleveland Browns/Arizona Cardinals

Anyways, what I love doing is becoming the GM of the Browns and try to make moves (realistic moves) by signing and trading for quality players. Then I try to see if I can make it to the Super Bowl along with my regular team (da Bears). This results in a normally a great matchup da Bears vs the Browns.

I'm not sure if this makes sense. But I was wondering if anyone else did anything similar to this?

Its kinda like 2 franchises in one, only you play as 1 team (for me, it would be da Bears) ITs fun, especially when you build a Defense orientated team, then face that team in the Super Bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: I love playing as the Bears, but I love trying to build up Cleveland

thats a good idea... but i could never play as any other team than my beloved Raiders. Besides.. its a rebuilding project just trying to get this team to stop someone.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
thats a good idea... but i could never play as any other team than my beloved Raiders. Besides.. its a rebuilding project just trying to get this team to stop someone.
But thats the whole idea about it. thats why you pick a team on the other conference. Since you love the Raiders, you pick a team like the Cardinals. Or even better...the 49ers!

Your objective would be to try and reach the Super Bowl with both your teams. Thus playing against each other.

Your not technically "playing" as the Cardinals. You only do Roster Management. Who starts, who's getting benched, who your trading, etc, etc...

The best part is you can even change the way teh offense/defense plays. Whether you want them to be aggresive on defense (maybe even change up their defense from a 4-3, to a 46 or a 3-4) or be a run-heavy type of offense, is all up to you. In the off-season, its up to you to choose which FA will be signed onto your team.

Would you want (this is just an example) Brian Urlacher to play for your Raiders and help out the Defense, or would you rather play against Brian Urlacher in the Superbowl against the Niners? This also brings up a good point, depending on how your team played the previous season, some FA wont even look at you. So if for some reason, your Raiders totally tanked the 06 season, but the Niners, suprisingly, made it to the playoffs, Urlacher will more likely sign with San Fran, rather than Oakland.

This sets up for more of a challenge during the season. Not only are you trying to get better, but you also want your team to be good enough to sign quality FA.

Believe it or not, but this makes the Replay value of the game twice as much as when you first get it. Becuase not only are you anxious to win Super Bowls with your team, your also anxious to see what happens to the other team youve controlled. Whether they'll be a bust, or a contender in the next few years is completely up to you.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
But thats the whole idea about it. thats why you pick a team on the other conference. Since you love the Raiders, you pick a team like the Cardinals. Or even better...the 49ers!

Your objective would be to try and reach the Super Bowl with both your teams. Thus playing against each other.

Your not technically "playing" as the Cardinals. You only do Roster Management. Who starts, who's getting benched, who your trading, etc, etc...

The best part is you can even change the way teh offense/defense plays. Whether you want them to be aggresive on defense (maybe even change up their defense from a 4-3, to a 46 or a 3-4) or be a run-heavy type of offense, is all up to you. In the off-season, its up to you to choose which FA will be signed onto your team.

Would you want (this is just an example) Brian Urlacher to play for your Raiders and help out the Defense, or would you rather play against Brian Urlacher in the Superbowl against the Niners? This also brings up a good point, depending on how your team played the previous season, some FA wont even look at you. So if for some reason, your Raiders totally tanked the 06 season, but the Niners, suprisingly, made it to the playoffs, Urlacher will more likely sign with San Fran, rather than Oakland.

This sets up for more of a challenge during the season. Not only are you trying to get better, but you also want your team to be good enough to sign quality FA.

Believe it or not, but this makes the Replay value of the game twice as much as when you first get it. Becuase not only are you anxious to win Super Bowls with your team, your also anxious to see what happens to the other team youve controlled. Whether they'll be a bust, or a contender in the next few years is completely up to you.
stop your getting me excited... I think that i may give this a try, but with the Cardinals.. I love their pretty new uniforms

Old 08-07-2005, 12:57 AM   #5

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
stop your getting me excited... I think that i may give this a try, but with the Cardinals.. I love their pretty new uniforms
Pretty uniforms? Psht, nothing beats the beauty that is Ford Field, in game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

it is nice

Old 08-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #7
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Rebuilding teams is where I get the most replay value out of madden. This year I'm planning on moving the Browns to Toronto!

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 08-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #8
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k3spear
Rebuilding teams is where I get the most replay value out of madden. This year I'm planning on moving the Browns to Toronto!
The city of Cleveland hates you Art Modell II
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »