Home

Don't trade your games to EB/Gamestop

This is a discussion on Don't trade your games to EB/Gamestop within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2005, 03:29 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Don't trade your games to EB/Gamestop

I heard about Gamerush and I have a lot of blockbusters, but none of them around me has a Gamerush.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:54 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've traded many a game in at my local GameStop and I always get a pretty nice trade in price on most games, plus if you trade in bulk you get a lot more store cash cause it adds an extra percentage for every three games, you can also get the card they offer, it gives good values on trade ins of 4 or more (the card only costs $10 and you get a full years subscription to GameInformer). Almost forgot, I truly dislike EB with a passion, and they are complete rip offs.
"I believe everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart , I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heavan"

~Tupac Amaru Shakur~
Old 08-08-2005, 04:16 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

I think gamestop has the same "trade-in NCAA 06, get madden for $19.99" deal.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #20
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardy
eb didnt have that bad of a deal you could trade in any 5 games and get madden for free so i took back a bunch of extremly old games and got madden.
My games were ncca 2004, madden 2004, ESPN college hoops 2k5, ESPN NHL 2k5, and the first splinter cell. None of those games are worth over 5 dollars.
Man what a nice EB!! The ones in INDY will not take old sports games as part of trade-in-deals. You got a heck of a deal!!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:15 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

well, when I paid my madden preorder off, i was gonna trade Madden 05 in and hoping to get $5, those bastards offered me .25. Needless to say, I still have Madden 05.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

How about, don't trade your games in at all? These places don't take your used games in order to take a loss or break even, they're going to try and make 2-3x what they paid for it. I NEVER trade games in. Sure, it's quick and easy, but you can get much much more for your games if you sell them yourself. I used eBay in the past, but listing the auctions were a pain and then taking the PayPal payments further lengthened the process. Now, I just use Half.com (part of eBay now) and it's butter smooth. I usually get 2-3x what the trade in value would be at Gamestop (even after deducting their small commission) and you can just list it on there for as long as you want until it sells (Half.com isn't an auction site, you just list your game with a description and usually the best price/description/feedback gets bought).
Old 08-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

I agree with Blockbuster being the best. The one by me has a promotion where you trade in any 2 games and you can get a new release game for $29.99 + the trade in value of your 2 games. So basically whatever your games are worth plus $20.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #24
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8

I was able to trade-in ESPN Hockey 2k5, ESPN College Hoops 2k5, and Sonic Mega Collection at EB for $10 each towards Madden. I think getting 50% of the original value was pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »