Home

Madden '06 will be the most picked apart football game ever. Be prepared...

This is a discussion on Madden '06 will be the most picked apart football game ever. Be prepared... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden '06 will be the most picked apart football game ever. Be prepared...

this place and its madden haters are high comedy...
Old 08-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #18
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I've said it before...EA paid big dollars for this so blame them. They bought intense scrutiny from 2,000,000+ displaced football gamers. Madden was whupped in a few areas, and those areas are now going to be talked about ad nauseam until EA catches up. The pocket formation is now fantastic in Madden, so obviously they are paying attention. Time will tell if they continue to "flatter" VC by stealing more needed improvements.

And one last thing...Graphics had nothing to do with the sickest tackling physics ever, IMO.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes

The reality about Madden is that it almost never takes a backward step. You are guaranteed to get at LEAST what you got last year. A lot of people don't like the fact that it takes baby steps every year but baby steps don't result in missteps. If you are thinking about buying and you did not like it before then don't, I can guarantee you won't like the new one either.
Well big deal if EA never takes a step backwards. Hell youd hope NO game takes a step backwards. You want praise for that? Thats like your kid getting a D- on his report card and he tells you "hey get off my back, at least I didnt get an F!". Give me a break. Okay so if this years Madden's claim to glory is that its more of 2005 and if you liked 2005 then why sucker up 50 more bucks to EA for a roster updated product that has two new gimmicks in it so they actually have something to talk about in the commercials???? hmmm??
Old 08-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVoo
I think the baby steps for the ps2 and xbox were taken on purpose the major leaps and bounds HOPEFULLY where made on the next gen xbox 360 version!
Well dont hold your breath. EA has been taking baby steps for many years now with Madden. Im just sick of EA and Madden fanboys saying "well you just wait until Next game comes out! It will be the bomb!" With Maddens track record what makes you think 2006 to 2006 for Xbox 360 wont be just another baby step???? Im not saying it WONT happen. But ive said it before here and I will say it again. You have to look at EA as if they were someone wanting to get a loan from your bank and you run the bank. You have to look at their history and decide wether you wanna take a chance and give them the loan. In this case EA's track record speaks for itself:

Year 1 - Make a football game. Advertise it.

Year 2 - Take year 1's football game, put a gimick in it, update rosters. Advertise it with a rookie in the commercial.

Year 3 - Take Year 2's football game, put a new gimick in it, update rosters. Advertise it focusing on the new gimmick.

Year 4 - Take year 3's football game, put another gimick in it, update rosters. Advertise it focusing on the new gimmick.

Do you see a pattern here? Eventually even the most fanboyish of Madden fanboys will get tired of this...or at least youd think. Maybe Im wrong. Critiquing Madden to some fanboys is like talking about thier Mother...sad...People cant diss other people because they were hoping FINALLY EA would actually show that they were actually working in thier development studios.

Last edited by blackceasar; 08-08-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:31 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Well big deal if EA never takes a step backwards. Hell youd hope NO game takes a step backwards. You want praise for that? Thats like your kid getting a D- on his report card and he tells you "hey get off my back, at least I didnt get an F!". Give me a break. Okay so if this years Madden's claim to glory is that its more of 2005 and if you liked 2005 then why sucker up 50 more bucks to EA for a roster updated product that has two new gimmicks in it so they actually have something to talk about in the commercials???? hmmm??

Why do you continue your extreme hate in every thread? We understand that you hate the game and we (well i dont at least) dont care either way. Just don't buy the game if you hate it sooooo freakin' much and play last years games for the 500th time while we enjoy Madden '06.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #22
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

As you can see the full on Madden hate-fest has begun. Many posts in this thread and in the thread called "8.2 review...Gamespot" only serve to prove my point. People (especially 2k fanboys with a case of sour grapes) LOVE to hate on Madden and EA.

Do they hate it? YES!

Will they buy it? YES!

Will they pick it apart and cry? YES!

Why? God only knows but to me it is priceless! Year after year they buy it then whine and moan about how much it sucks and how bad it is. Some people never learn. Watch and soon you will see the flood of 2kers saying "I er, uh, didn't buy it I played my best friend's uncle's copy and it SUXOR!!!"

You have to love the insanity of it all. It used to bother me but now I might not even go out and get Madden for a couple of days because this is all just so damn amusing!!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok410
Why do you continue your extreme hate in every thread? We understand that you hate the game and we (well i dont at least) dont care either way. Just don't buy the game if you hate it sooooo freakin' much and play last years games for the 500th time while we enjoy Madden '06.
Why do you get so upset when someone critisizes your beloved Madden football? God help anyone who actually tries to hold EA to a higher standard. Like I said, you critisize Madden and with some people youd think you made a negative comment about thier mother or something. Geez.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:54 PM   #24
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Why do you get so upset when someone critisizes your beloved Madden football? God help anyone who actually tries to hold EA to a higher standard. Like I said, you critisize Madden and with some people youd think you made a negative comment about thier mother or something. Geez.
Criticize away if you want. The game is not perfect and it deserves scruntiny. The problem is the fanboys that treat 2k as if it was perfect.

The funniest thing is these people pick apart Madden each year, calling it trash, saying how much it sucks, bitching about EA. But they still buy it each and every year. Now the whining starts that they HAVE to buy Madden because it's the only NFL game on the market. Self restraint, what?

I just read the Xbox magazine review of the game (8.0 rating). According to them, the Superstar mode is a useless addition. They state the passing cone makes the passing game eaiser and more realistic. The graphics are dated. Not a must-buy.

Considering the game is at the end of its current console life, I didn't really expect there to be a completely new game. I'll cut it some slack this year.

Last edited by ObiWanJenkins; 08-08-2005 at 11:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »