Home

8.2 review...Gamespot

This is a discussion on 8.2 review...Gamespot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2005, 11:16 PM   #73
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 8.2 review...Gamespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yes I'm smoking crack right now.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock_11
Seem to be me it's the exact opposite. Seems like you would much rather prefer to hate the game. Have you even played it? You've been lurking around just waiting to trumpet any review that you feel will give you something to scream and yell about. Well, that's you're right I suppose, but don't call anyone who does'nt agree with you and is going to buy this game a ******.
You know what though? The whole "have you even played this years game yet?" comeback is actually kinda old and holds no real merit anymore. If you ask me "have you even played this years??" I would tell you "yes I have, its called Madden 2005" lol
Old 08-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Spot Reviewer
Last we'd checked, the NFL doesn't deduct passing yards for sacks or for interceptions, meaning that this is a particularly ugly bug
I guess he never actually checked!

Another reviewer who refuses to double check what he writes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 11:18 PM   #76
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Right passing yards gets deducted... total passing yards.. meaning all of your teams QB's or HB's or whoever throws the ball
Actually you are confused JT30. Only total passing yards are deducted not individual yards. For example, If Vick has 200 yds passing and the Falcons have 205 total passing yds and Vick is sacked for 10 yds, Vick will still have 200 passing yds but the Falcons will only have 195 total yds.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #77
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
JMOOD AND KOOL SHOULD READ THE RULES BEFORE MAKING IDIOTIC POSTS
Calm down with the personal attacks...you have been warned.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Actually you are confused JT30. Only total passing yards are deducted not individual yards. For example, If Vick has 200 yds passing and the Falcons have 205 total passing yds and Vick is sacked for 10 yds, Vick will still have 200 passing yds but the Falcons will only have 195 total yds.
I think thats what he meant. The sum of all the players (team passing yards).

Anyways it just goes to show how much stock to put into reviews. Im glad I could clear this up right away, I also sent off an email to the reviewer at gamespot regarding the errors although I dont know if he'll pay it any attention.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:26 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 11

Wow now i've seen it all. Ea haters writing novels, kids AGREEING with these BS reviews and calling people "ea fanboys" just because they dont agree with reviews and cant wait for the game to come out. I loved 2k5 and liked it even more then Madden 2005 (liked them both though). But even I can see that EA sports has made madden '06 the best damn football game ever for a sim-fan. These reviews are obviously catering to the casual gamers who only play 2-player games or games on "pro" difficulty. Still, I know that these are just opinions and wont bash them too much. BTW, I can't wait 'till tomorrow. These reviews are making me even more excited about the buying the game. Football season is great.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:26 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
You know what though? The whole "have you even played this years game yet?" comeback is actually kinda old and holds no real merit anymore. If you ask me "have you even played this years??" I would tell you "yes I have, its called Madden 2005" lol
And then I'd say, "Why are you posting here again?". And before you could reply I would say, "Oh, that's right! You have nothing better to do then act like a (adjective relating to the human body)." lol

Last edited by Mossfan8480; 08-08-2005 at 11:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »